Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Altrincham
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“A short stay”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We only stayed overnight here before travelling the next day, however the rooms are very clean and have everything in that you need, no problem with parking,with a 20 minute drive to the airport it was an ideal location for an overnight stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
PaulHindley, General Manager at Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad that we were able to provide everything you needed for your short stay. Hope to see you soon.

Paul Hindley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Batley
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for one night before our flight from Manchester the next day. I Will definitely be staying again , no complaints what so ever. Lovely clean comfortable room pleasant staff and we enjoyed a very nice cooked breakfast before we left for the airport. We left our car parked at the hotel for the 2 weeks and was taken to the airport and collected again on our return. Would definitely recommend this hotel .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thanks for your recent review and your positive recommendation for the hotel. I am delighted that we were able to make your stay a pleasant experience and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you fly from Manchester.

Belfast
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The hotel is very basic. The interior design is poor and the quality of workmanship worse. The bedroom was student accommodation standard with grubby net curtains and plastic brass coloured light fightings which for some reason summed the hotel up.
We ate in the bar and the food was awful. The bottled beer was warm and £3.60 for a 275ml bottle of warm Becks was too much. We would not stay here again nor would we recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hobBelfast
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay. The hotel is about to embark on a major refurbishment programme which will include all of the bedrooms, the reception, public bar and public areas.

I am extremely disappointed that you found the food and drink not to be of a standard and would hope that you gave us the opportunity to rectify the issues you mentioned. The Duty Manager and the staff in Townfields bar are given the autonomy to resolve any issue immediately.

I do hope that you would consider staying again where you can experience our fantastic new surroundings.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I picked this hotel as it was advertised as the main hotel for the participants of the Greater Manchester Marathon. We recieved a good deal because we were taking part in the marathon, close to the tram link and special early breakfast. However when arriving at the room, the only main power supplies were at the opposite end of the room, the sheets were dirty and the paper looked like it had been pulled out of the bin.
However the worse part of the experience was they had also booked a wedding party for that night. At 9.30 I rang down asking how long the music would continue for as the bass was pumping through our room. The reception replied it was a wedding, so would finish about midnight. I asked if we could move room but couldnt because the hotel was full. I then asked if they had any earplugs, which they didnt and the rooms weren't supplied with any. They didn't try and find a resolution to my problem and also didn't take much interest in my complaint. I am left with hopefully getting 5 hours sleep before my marathon. In future don't advertise it as somewhere for athletes to stay but no be able to get any sleep!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Justine H
Dear Guest

Thank you for the comments you made regarding your recent stay. I am pleased that felt you had a good deal and that the breakfast and location were good.
For the inconvenience caused and for not beiong able to move your room, I offer my apologies. I hope it did not impact on your performance on the day.

I have taken your comments on board and have reiterated with the reception team to try and allocate rooms away from the functions if possibble. We are supporting the Marathon again in 2014 and would advise speaking direct with the team at the hotel when making the booking.

Paul HIndley
Wolfsberg, Austria
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stopped here for one night with a party of 5 (2 adults and 3 girls). We booked two rooms via booking.com.
Upon arrival, the welcome was very friendly. There was an issue with the booking though, and only one room was in the system. Its a good job I'd printed out my booking reservation, that showed both rooms within a single booking. The issue was rectified immediately and with a smile.
The bar area looks good, but we didn't use it. The rooms were basic, but functional. The girls room was very large, whilst our double room was adequate. The bed was quite small though. All the lamps were without lampshades, and the rooms looked a little 'unloved', but they were clean. The bathroom had a bath/shower and was ok but the shower pressure was dismal.
The location of the hotel is very good. Its a few minutes walk to Altrincham station where you can get a tram to the centre of Manchester. There was plenty of free carparking too.
Overall, for the money we paid, I got an excellent deal, a good sleep and was happy with my stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ajt_austria
Dear Guest

Thanks for your recent review. It is reassuring to hear that the issue you experienced with your booking was rectified quickly and efficiently.

The “unloved” rooms that you noted are to be the subject of a major refurbishment. We have already finished our sample room and we are really pleased with the results. This should be rolled out over the next few weeks and will include all of the bedrooms and public areas.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future to see first hand the room improvements.

Baldock, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on business in April. First night I was in a single room which was really small but comfortable for the price and 2nd night was a double room which was a good room. Bar area nice and good quality food. Only downside was the showers where the water flow was next to nothing but a minor point and recommended for a short stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am glad that overall you found your stay to be comfortable. I am trying to locate the room you were in to investigate the flow on the showers, sorry for any inconvenience. Hope to see you soon.

Scott
Mansfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We visited this hotel at Easter as a stopover prior to flying out of Manchester airport. The main reason for choosing this hotel was that it could accommodate my family of 5 (2 adults & 3 kids) in one room, on a double, single and bunk beds, which suited us far better than booking two separate rooms.

Simple to find, and plenty of free parking available, the hotel is located in Altrincham, only a pleasant 15 minute drive away from Terminal 2. Check in was quick and simple, by pleasant and efficient staff, but rooms are numbered rather bizarrely, with our room 332 not between 331 & 332, as you would expect, but about 20 yards away down the corridor.

The room was clean and presentable, with plenty of space despite all the beds. There was also plenty of wardrobe and storage space available, 3 TV's; including a large flat screen, and 2 further small flat screens at the end of the bunk beds which the kids loved. There were also tea and coffee making facilities in the room.

The bathroom was clean, with an over bath shower (rather weak flow), as well as a sink and loo. Basic toiletries were also included. We had a bit of a leak from the WC pipework, from which we ended up with a puddle on the floor, which we reported on check-out, and the staff said that they would get maintenance straight onto it, so hopefully this should have been fixed fairly speedily.

We slept well until some over exuberant youths next door started making a racket a 5.20am. To be fair, though, the management were knocking on their door within 2 minutes after I phoned reception, and things quietened down after that.

We had breakfast included in our package, albeit the staff member that greeted us in the restaurant said that we hadn't, and asked me for proof. As I did not want to return to the third floor room leaving my family waiting I said we would sort this out after breakfast. We suggested later that she check with reception, and she said that she already had and everything was OK, so it would have been nice if she had come to tell us that there had been an error, instead of leaving us in limbo. Breakfast itself was a hot buffet, which was ok, but nothing special.

We did not eat in the hotel in the evening, or use any other facilities, so can't comment on that.

In summary, the Cresta Court is a good hotel, with pleasant and efficient staff (except for one), and I would happily recommend it to anyone looking for a 1 or 2 night stopover in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the hotel.

I am overjoyed to read that we succeeded in several areas to meet your expectations. I am particularly pleased to learn that the team were able to rectify issues as they were raised particularly the noise from your neighbouring room. I will ensure that the staff are aware of your review.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stopover before flying out of Manchester airport.

Paul Hindley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altrincham
Travelodge Altrincham Central
Mercure Altrincham Bowdon Hotel
The Normanhurst Hotel and Restaurant
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Bromley Cross

Been to Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel? Share your experiences!