“Great breakfast”

Ranked #91 of 207 Restaurants in Altrincham
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Used this pub on numerous occasions when we stay over before flying out of Manchester airport.

We had a great meal and got a free bottle of wine due to birthday via a voucher.

This pub does get very busy on an evening so you should expect a bit of a wait for your food.

Service is good and friendly.

We had a really good breakfast which cost £3.99 which included a drink

Reviewed September 6, 2013

After dining at The Pelican on three occasions I can say that the food is ok and the service is friendly, but like a growing number of pub\restaurants parents are allowed to let their children to run around screaming and shouting, using the floor between the tables as an open play area and annoying diners without any hint of being checked by parents or staff. In fact a waiter carrying a tray of food used all his skills when three children barged into him much to the amusement of their parents who undoubtedly would have complained or even sued if their offsprings had been covered in hot food. Whilst the management of the a pelican are prepared to allow the restaurant to be a playground friends and I and no doubt many others will eat elsewhere. I'm always eager to support family friendly pubs and restaurants but not places such as The Pelican where it's like dining in a playground.

1  Thank 338deAshton
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Flaming Grill Pubs, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Brian R,

Thank you for providing us with your review

I can confirm that I have passed on your comments about your visit to the management team and to the Area Manager of the Pelican Inn who would like to thank you for your feedback in regards to the children who run around the business and to let you know that they have taken your feedback on board.

We do hope to see you soon in Pelican Inn soon.

Kind regards,

Flaming Grill

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We've been here a lot and generally speaking it's very good. The food is of a good standard and is in most cases excellent value for money. I especially like the surf, surf and turf and the fajitas. The drinks are good value too, including soft drinks. The staff are good, some of them fab - some of the waitresses are so friendly and lovely. It's very clean and there's a lot of menu choice. (though I'll always privately mourn thedays when you could actually get a normal sarnie in a pub rather than steak baguettes and the like!). I especially recommend going on a Monday for 'King Sized' night - they upgrade your skillet meals to king sized for free!

The only word of warning I'd offer would be that it gets VERY busy on Friday nights and all day on weekends and there's sometimes an hour wait for food but they always warn you of this when they see you looking at menus.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Went here yesterday for a friends birthday, we all had the Sunday roast and it was absolutely superb. the dinners were all served together and piping hot. As there were 10 of us this was very good as the who,e table were served in a couple of minutes. Will definitely go again.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

The service was very friendly. There were happy hour deals on drinks, which we could actually take advantage of as we were staying right next door & didn't need to worry about driving! The food was served quickly and was quite good. We enjoyed our meal and the atmosphere. My friend asked for a substitution to an item on the menu and they accommodated it without hesitation. It was funny, because she wanted habanero sauce on her chicken. Kitchen staff actually came out to our table to verify the order because they thought it must be a mistake. When they found out it was not a mistake, the waiter pulled up a chair to see if my friend could handle the hot sauce! It was quite funny. I am not quite so adventurous with my food, so I just had a burger and chips, which hit the spot for me. The salad greens were a little wilted, but still fine. We would recommend this pub.