“Will go again...and again”
Review of Mhariam Altrincham

Mhariam Altrincham
Ranked #21 of 202 Restaurants in Altrincham
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in Goose Green, Altrincham, WA14 1DW Mhariam combines the highest quality Indian food and a luxurious dining environment for the perfect night out or take away! -Free Parking Outside Restaurant Or Very Large Free Car Park Around The Corner 1 Minute Walk Away -You Can Bring Your Own Alcohol There Is A Bargain Booze Next Door To Us! -Free WI-FI -Take Away Available
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Great little Indian in the heart of Timperley. After a warm welcome we were told Fridays/Saturdays it's best to book as they have sittings at 7pm and 9pm. We'd arrived before 6 so no problem. The decor and easy wipe tables were quite dark as was the lighting even early evening but this was fine. The kitchen is open plan with the restaurant so you can smell and see everything being cooked. This is great for the atmosphere and reassures you that it's not all pre-cooked mass produced rubbish. The food was excellent. The bhajis were crispy without being oily, the rice perfectly cooked and the chicken Zalferezi (sic) was superb. Killer chillies that didn't crucify the exquisite flavour. And the best bit? It's Bring Your Own AND there's a Bargain Booze next door. No more paying £15 for a limited selection of cheap plonk when you can pay half that and get something decent. I'd definitely recommend this place but book ahead as it does get popular.

1  Thank jambon

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We went for an evening meal four adults and my little girl last night and the food was amazing, couldn't fault it at all. My partner and I shared chicken pakoras and he had onion bhaji and they were amazing, we then had chicken korma between myself and my daughter and he had tandoori chicken the food was amazing, poppadoms were to die for and the service was amazing, so friendly. Overall none of us could fault the meal at all! I can't wait to go back! We had tastecards which made it extra value for money and the staff couldn't be more helpful explaining how the tastecards worked. They were excellent with my daughter and she loved the meal and the fact the staff stood speaking to her being four she loves people taking the time to interact with her!

2  Thank SophieDavid2014
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have spent the last twelve years working abroad, much of this time being spent in or around India. I also travel around much of Britain, I therefore believe I have a good base of experience and knowledge to accurately describe the cuisine at Mhariam to be the best Indian cuisine one can hope to find in this country.

One point of note; Mhariam is only open during evenings. Guests are always greeted with a warm welcome rest assured, this never proves to be a false dawn. The friendly banter from the staff is often entertaining and maintains the relaxed and pleasant dining atmosphere for the duration of the evening.

The menu offers all of the regular Indian cuisine diners could hope to find but those of a more adventurous persuasion the specials menu is where the real delights are to be found, I highly recommend the Gorkali which is a dish bursting with flavour but without being too hot meaning that it should appeal to all tastes. If however, spiciness is your thing then the Zalfrezi is my recommendation for you - hot and spicy but never sacrificing flavour for heat.

Although the prices at Mhariam may be a little dearer than some Indian restaurants, I find that this increase in food price is worth it for the extra quality. Also, when you think that the price of food can be offset against the fact that they do NOT serve alcohol but they DO allow you to bring your own making for a potentially cheaper dining out experience overall, there is even a Bargain Booze two doors down!

Limited free parking is available in front of the restaurant with more free parking situated behind Timperley library about a sixty second walk away. Finally, Mhariam is a small restaurant which tends to get extremely busy on weekends so I would definitely advise booking a table for these nights or for large parties. I hope this review helps, hopefully you get the chance to check out Mhariam, I believe you will not be disappointed!

3  Thank truevie
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Visited here a few times and its alright its great u can take your own drinks , the staff are pleasant and service is good id recommend

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Tried this place as it always seemes busy and definately by far the best food ...fresh and very tasty (and im fussy) being able to take your own alcohol is brilliant, very reasonable prices and great staff :)