“Local”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“Local”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Local pub for local people. Usually quite busy which always says a lot about a pub. Food is normal pub fare but having said that, it is good, tasty and service is OK.

Visited August 2012
Hayley C, Manager at The Moss Trooper, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Thank you for your review, we're glad you enjoy your 'local' and hope to see you soon! Customer service is a training priority of mine since I have become manager here. We hope to see you again soon, have you considered coming in for our live music nights every other Friday?

Oxford
“Amazing Staff & Amazing Food”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I visited the Moss Trooper last week and found all the staff extremely friendly. My friends & I all enjoyed a bottle of wine and a meal which was of an excellent standard.

I would definitely return here again.

Visited September 2012
Thank you for your review! I'm really pleased that yoiu enjoyed your visit and will pass on your nice comments to the staff! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Manchester
“A lovely pint but a disappointing meal”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was a visit with friends, for dinner and a few drinks. Having been to the pub several times previously on this occasion we were somewhat disappointed with the standard of the food. However, the service (friendliness and attitudes) was very good.

Visited September 2012
Hayley C, Manager at The Moss Trooper, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience. We pride ourselves on providing great quality food alongside excellent customer service and unfortunately on this ocassion we did not meet your expectations. I am happy that you were happy with the service but I would be interested to know what it was that you had to eat so that I can address any quality issues and provide further training for the chefs. I hope it does not put you off visiting us again.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Rubbish”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We visited the Moss Trooper for my mums birthday. Four of the meals were ok, however my husband was disgusted to find rubbish in his mash. It looked like the top of a sachet??? Surely this breaks all hygiene rules and is totally unacceptable. The waiter was apologetic and offered my husband another meal which he declined (i'm sure people can understand why). This ruined our celebration and has totally put us off a return visit.

• Visited September 2012
I am sorry to hear about your visit to The Moss Trooper. An event like this is very uncommon and I will be investigating it with my kitchen team to ensure it does not happen again. I can fully understand why it ruined what should have been an enjoyable experience for you and your family. I don't want this experience to be your final impression of the pub so I would like to invite you and your husband back for a complimentary meal so that we can reinstate your confidence in us. Please get in touch on the phone or via email to book a table. Once again, I would like to re-iterate my apologies.
Cheshire
“Excellent food and service.”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Often call in here for lunch with friends and it has recently been refurbished, don't know why as it was perfectly acceptable as it was. I always have the same whenever I go there and was disappointed this time to find that it was not on the new menu. However I was delighted when I mentioned this to the waiter and he said he would have it made for me.The food was as good as ever and as someone has already said, nothing is too much trouble for the staff.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank JMJAE
I am really pleased you enjoyed your visit to The Moss Trooper and I have passed on your feedback to the waiting staff and the kitchen team and we look forward to welcoming you soon for another enjoyable experience!