“Warm fire hearty eating”

Swan with Two Nicks
Ranked #12 of 182 Restaurants in Altrincham
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2013

After 3 hours in the chilly Febuary weather we called in to this hostelry for an early tea.
The fire was roaring and several people were enjoying the ambience. We had Steak pie washed down with locally brewed real ale. With stone floor, (dogs welcome in the bar) this pub has got to be one of the best in Cheshire. There are some nice walks from its front door as well as Dunham Massey hall and grounds.
Try it, you will enjoy!

There are newer reviews for Swan with Two Nicks

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Had the ten pound two course lunch meal today and must say it was fantastic value and quality. We both had whitebait starter and then cheese and onion pie for me and roast beef dinner for my wife. Good honest home cooked pub food in front of roaring log fires. We'll be going back again soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We visited this pub/restaurant today, 9th February 2013, after a walk with dogs through Dunham Massey. It is listed as a dog friendly pub and so we thought we would try it out. It certainly lived up to its name. The staff were friendly, there was even dog biscuits and water available for your dogs. It was requested that dogs keep of the funiture, but even that was not a definite request, as they said unless blanket used. There was a roaring open fire and the atmosphere was excellent. Lots of well behaved dogs with their owners. We didn't eat on this occasion but the food we saw being brought to other tables looked really good. There is a more formal looking restaurant to the back of the pub. Outside tables and parking available. All in all a lovely few hours spent in an excellent pub. We are definitely planning to go back again.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

The Swan With Two Nicks has all the potential to be a nice country pub, but doesn't quite make it. Staff are slow to serve, often not terribly polite, food is average and the place suffers regularly (too regularly for my liking) from bad drain smells. A little thought, a little staff training and Dynarod could do wonders for it.

Annabel206, Manager at Swan with Two Nicks, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

I will be contacting the customer direct to see what the problem was, as we take all matters seriously. The drain smell sadly can happen from time to time as we are a very old building with ancient drains and when people ignore our pleas not to put baby wipes and nappies down the toilets, it causes us major problems as we are not on mains drains due to our remote location. I can assure customers we spend thousands on making sure our drains and waste treatment plant are maintained regularly, but careless people can cause the problems at times.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to go for Sunday lunch. When we arrived it was pretty busy but decided to wait the 30minutes to get a table. It took 1hr between ordering and getting our food, what arrived was not what was ordered. I had the Cajun chicken pitta pocket and what arrived was chicken and veg in some kind of tomato based sauce in a pitta bread. No spice whatsoever. He had chicken with haggis and thoroughly enjoyed it. The waitress also walked past our table a few times not noticing my empty glass, which since I was sat waiting for food should have been noticable. I opted to have a dessert after checking the wait time to be told there was no wait for dessert but was still kept waiting 15minutes. I enjoy the hussle and bussle of a busy pub but not the screaming kids that seemed to be in today. Overall very disappointed with the wait for food.

I am sorry to hear that this customer had a poor experience, I have privately emailed the customer to find out what went wrong, but as yet I havent had a reply, so I cant investigate.