“Pleasant Meal”

Sabor do Brasil Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Bringing summery barbecue flavours and a lively South American vibe to Altrincham, Sabor do Brasil is a vibrant restaurant, buffet and bar. Meats are slow-roasted on the searing charcoal grill, while crisp, crunchy salads and a range of tapas-style treats are served from the colourful Sabor do Brasil buffet. A cosy, rustic restaurant in an upmarket Manchester suburb, head to the lively bar for a host of chilled beers and exotic cocktail mixes.
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Visited Sabor on a quiet Tuesday evening. Good service though there were only 4 couples eating. No starters on offer. Meat was brought to table on skewers in turn -about 9 types in total. The sausages and steaks were excellent. My other half loved the belly pork. There was a choice of hot and cold veg & salad dishes - more variety here would be better. Declined dessert as full of meat! Not a place to take a vegetarian but the food was good and the couple serving were friendly. I imagine the atmosphere would be better on a busy weekend evening. Would go back but hopefully in a group.

1  Thank Kazza17

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We've been to many Brazilain restaurants before and were excited to try this as it's walkable from where we live. Friendly service and the meat was plentiful - they come round frequently and there was a good selection being bought round. Tasty sausages, chicken was nice, gammon and pork too. The lamb was really salty though and sorry but the steak was tough as old boots - having tried beef rib, I didn't attempt the sirloin and my partner had to give up on chewing it!
The salad bar - I felt - was tired....chopped peppers, cold cooked carrots, beetroot , chopped onion , tomato and cucumber and a plate of lettuce.
In the silver keep warm dishes - fish in cocnut sauce ( didn't try), Beef stew - did try and it was really tough and chewy, rice ( didn't try) and the Brzialin stew which was tasty and very meaty - very tender too! All in all - we were disappointed and I'm sorry but we won't be returning despite friendly service :-(

1  Thank ManchesterNumpty
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I'd been here four or time times before when I lived in Hale but I haven't been for about eight months and the difference was starling when I went last night 21/7/21. Even though the place was not busy (on a Saturday night!) we still waited over ten minutes for the waiter to come to the table and take the drinks order - which then took another fifteen minutes to arrive. The decor does look good but the food was a disappointment - the buffet meats looked as if they'd been out for a week, dry and not succulent which they always were in the past. This is a restaurant sadly in decline - which is pretty much what you can say about Altrincham as a hole.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Went for first anniversary very disappointed, was a waste of a meal would of been better going for a happy meal!

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I visited over the Queens Jubilee with some friends. I have been to other Brazilian BBQ places in Manchester, but I found the meat here was a lot nicer. Unfortunately I don't live close so I probably wont be able to make it back for a while, but would definitely recommend to anybody who can get here. The fillet and rump steak were particular highlights, even the beef stew (part of the buffet rather than the bbq) was very good.

I also liked this place as I was able to park really close by (local parking street parking is 9-5) so didn't have to worry about parking in order to enjoy a great meal.