We spent 2 nights at the Premier Inn in Altrincham in late November 2011. The main reasons we chose it were the price and the proximity to the Metrolink as we had struggled to find reasonably priced accommodation in the centre of Manchester. It wasn’t really any different to similar chain hotels that we’ve stayed at but we did appreciate the free parking and the excellent service from reception. It’s attached to a Table Table pub (The George & Dragon) which is a definite bonus when you can’t be bothered to stagger any further in search of food or drink. We also ate at the La Rioja Tapas restaurant in Altrincham itself and had a really nice meal – service was a bit slow but the food itself was lovely and the portion sizes were very generous.
In terms of sightseeing, we spent half a day at Quarry Bank Mill which we found very interesting, although the winter opening hours made it hard to see everything we wanted to. Still, that’s a good reason for going back another time! We also had frankly amazing day at the Imperial War Museum North – probably the best modern museum we have been to. Highly recommended! One final tip is to check the Manchester United fixtures before you book this hotel as the Metrolink was crowded while we were there and Man U were away that weekend so I dread to think what it would be like when a home game is on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short drive from Dunham Forest Golf Club, Altrincham Golf Course, Tatton Park and Manchester Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Manchester Altrincham Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Manchester Altrincham Hotel Altrincham
- Premier Inn Altrincham
- Premier Inn Manchester Altrincham Hotel Cheshire