“Nice a bad little place”
Review of Rope & Anchor

Rope & Anchor
Ranked #32 of 195 Restaurants in Altrincham
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Postcode: WA14 5RP
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Went to this pub a couple of weeks ago. Booking was easy but whoever answered the telephone although efficient could do with a 'smile' in the voice! Arrived on the planned evening and the welcome was warm and friendly.
The lighting could be a little brighter but apart from that wee niggle the atmosphere and service were excellent. Food variety is good and the portions are acceptable.
Value for money? Mains could do with a little adjustment downwards.
All in all a pleasant experience and would we return?..Yes!

2  Thank Stoatin
Mike S, General Manager at Rope & Anchor, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Rope and Anchor. We are pleased that you had a pleasant evening and that you enjoyed our atmosphere and service. We do strife to give a good choice in food changing our menu daily to reflect the local produce in season.

We would be pleased to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Visited with my girlfriend yesterday. I walked in to an amazing place with amazing surroundings however, there were three staff members stood at the bar talking and laughing which made me feel awkward asking for a table! When I did eventually get seated the food took ages to arrive! I had the steak pie which was dry and tasteless....i told the waitress she said she would pass my comment on to the chef! I don't know how they get away with charging the prices they do! I won't be wasting my money there again!!

4  Thank MattSlater1984

Thank you for taking your time to review the rope & anchor, i am very sorry to hear you didnt enjoy your visit. Our steak pie is a massive hit with our guests normally. i also am sorry you felt awkward about asking for a table. I will be in contact to find out more information very soon.
once again I'm very sorry you didn't enjoy your time at the rope.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Excellent pub, with play garden for kids, great food and surroundings! well worth the journey to get there

1  Thank martinwc

Thank you for reviewing the Rope and Anchor. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us here and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Visited this restaurant between Christmas 2012 & the New Year 2013 with my family - Mum 79 - 'children' in their 30's. Decor - nice & understated. Service - excellent. Staff - welcoming & customer friendly. Food - wonderful. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for good food in an unpretentious atmosphere where you can relax & enjoy the food.

1  Thank LynxNorthWestIreland

Many thanks for taking the time to review the Rope and Anchor. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

The location is nice and peaceful. The service was friendly, but the kitchen was slow, even though the place was nearly empty. The menu had many dishes, but not much for the vegetarian in our party. There were two vegetarian choices, risotto or cheese and onion pie. As for accompaniements, even the chips were cooked in dripping. Surely in this day and age restaurants should provide adequate choice for vegetarians.

4  Thank cori999