1,064 results
All reviews leisure facilities all inclusive deal leisure club manchester airport weeks parking course meal an early flight bar area flying from manchester plenty of parking pleasant staff family room night stay stayed for one night following morning hale taxi
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

As a frequent visitor to the Mecure it’s reassuring to know the staff will always greet you warmly and remember your face.
Always a busy environment due to the proximity to the airport but the staff always maintain that personal touch, which makes a welcome difference when working away from home.
A very big thank you to the always busy Redhead and charmingly bubbly Amy for catering to my off the menu requests and for such a happy and cheerful personality that brings a smile to my face after a long day.
A good team supporting is a great help I’m sure.
A big thank you to Dan (Number 1), Louise who puts up with my poor jokes, David who supplies the touch of class, Julieta, Katherine, Duncan and Mr Rogers for showing a passion for the hotel game.
And a big thank you to Albert for always making sure coffee is ready at 6:30 every morning
My 2nd family.

Trip type: Traveled on business
gmbowdon, General Manager at Mercure Altrincham Bowdon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for the great comments and for highlighting many people in the team who have looked after you and hope this continues. Pity about the poor jokes though !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night before flying from Manchester Airport. Hotel was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. Only down side is the lack of lifts however we were aware of this before booking and the reception staff did offer to help with the luggage. Are in the restaurant on the evening of our stay and couldn’t fault the meal we had. Can’t comment on breakfast as we had an early flight. Booked a wake up call which was made on time and taxi was also on time. All in all very satisfied with our stay

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Pleased to hear that all went well with your stay and appreciate the time taken to write.

Reviewed November 10, 2018

Me and my wife stayed here and the angry duty manager publicly humiliated her at breakfast as she had to run outside to bring up some water as she was feeling very unwell. When my wife wrote a review saying how horrendously she was treated the hotel replied stated as she was unwell she "misinterpreted' the events. This shows that the hotel see no error in how they behaved indicating that this was not a one off and this is how they treat customers. If they were concerned for my wife and other customers they could have been kind to my wife and easily thrown a bucket of water over the water my wife had brought back up. Instead they didn't clean up anything and shouted at my wife and then tried to say my wife doesn't know what she is talking about. WOW this hotel offers the most awful customer service and I bet underneath this review they will have another cocky answer. Some hotels get it wrong and resolve issues. This hotel gets it majorly wrong and then patronises their customers by stating they haven't remembered it as it happened. So they try to lie their way out of it.

We don't write reviews but as this place is so bad we need to let other people know.

The breakfast was awful as well and the rooms had broken and smashed up doors. SO THIS HOTEL HAS NO GOOD POINTS AND IS THE WORST HOTEL WE HAVE STAYED IN.

PLEASE LOOK AT SOMEWHERE ELSE IF YOU ARE THINKING OF BOOKING THIS PLACE. IT REALLY ISNT WORTH THE UPSET.

Anyone who is that angry and unprofessional should not work at the front of house and if Mercure hotels condone this behaviour then what a shame for their brand. They obviously can't afford well trained staff or nice food or any repairs in the hotel itself.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Richard J
gmbowdon, General Manager at Mercure Altrincham Bowdon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for the second review regarding your recent stay.

Clearly you have been offended by my response to the first posting and regret this has been the case, please be assured there has been no intention to offend or upset you or your wife and offer my sincere apologies.

Paul Rodgers

Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

The hotel was rundown and the door in our room was broken. At breakfast i felt very ill and had to run outside for fresh air and ended up bringing up some water I had just drank. Rather than being asked if I was ok, the angry ginger duty manager (didn’t get her name) decided to aggressively shout at me saying I had created a mess. It was clear water I had brought up. I have worked in the hospitality industry and have had customers drop drinks, throw up food and much worse. NEVER is it acceptable to shout at a customer and if that is the duty manager then what a bad example to set. Don’t go here if you expect to be helped and treated nicely.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank GabriellaS692
gmbowdon, General Manager at Mercure Altrincham Bowdon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Thank you for the time taken to post this review and regret any inconvenience or upset, clearly you were under the weather and possibly miss-interpreted the Duty Managers intentions which she assures me was one of concern for both yourself and other guests exiting the hotel with vomit on the front steps.
I trust you are now feeling much better

Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night as we had an early flight from Manchester.

The hotel is quite traditional and has obviously been ‘breathed on’ by the mercure design team within the last 5 years or so to keep it comfortable and with an air of style and modernity in line with other mercure properties I’ve stayed in recently. Our room, a privilege room, was spacious and warm with a fridge containing water and Coca Cola, a Nespresso machine and a super comfy king size bed. Strangely in a room for 2 there was only 1 dressing gown and slippers and one set of towels and in the bathroom the curtain over the window is going a bit mildewed so maybe that needs a change but aside from some wear and tear the room was very clean.

We ate room service as we wanted an early night and I must say it came promptly and was up to the standards of food we generally find in Accor group hotels ie. excellent.

All staff we encountered were professional and seemed genuinely helpful and my silver card holder status was recognised and a welcome drink forthcoming.

Overall very convenient for the airport and a satisfactory stay.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple