1,032 results
All reviewsall inclusive dealleisure facilitiesmanchester airportweeks parkingcourse mealplenty of parkingbar areaan early flightpleasant stafffamily roomnight staystayed for one nighthalesaunadavetram
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I recently took my mother in law for a meal at the Bowden's restaurant for her birthday. The food was excellent and I felt that it was easily worth the price that we paid for it. I recommend the steak for anybody planning on going. The staff were really friendly, welcoming and genuine; particularly the manager (John, I think his name was) who personally checked on us to make sure we were having a good time and that the food was just right.

Stayed: December 2013
gmbowdon, General Manager at Mercure Altrincham Bowdon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Always good to know when guests have an enjoyable visit and pleased that my assistant Jonathan looked after you so well.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

This is a typical "chain" hotel.
Despite some of the negative reviews posted on tripadvisor, I found it to be adequate, if not outstanding and will not hesitate to revisit. Importantly, it is "family friendly"
Our room was clean, comfortable and well prepared.
The shower baffled me. I'm confident that it was in working order, but I failed to operate it.
Breakfast was substantial and unhurried. I appreciated eating at leisure.
The staff were courteous and helpful.

A few minor inovations would enhance the experience. Such as encouraging the staff to be more proactive, eg. giving directions to rooms, making guests aware of the leisure facilities / swimming pool on registration / booking.
Is there a lift?
Lack of real (cask) ale in the bar is a disappointment.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank distantmemory

Firstly I was pleased to learn that most parts of your stay were to a good standard and that my restaurant team looked after you.
Noted the points about the receptionists being more proactive and will work on this for the benefit of future guests.
Sadly we do not have a lift hence this facility was not pointed out to you.
As a real ale drinker you will know that you need a healthy throughput to be able to offer good quality beer but with insufficient demand stocking of such products are not fesable.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed here over the Xmas period but found this hotel to be very average.

Good points were it was central, 10 min walk to Hale village and Altrincham town centre not that much further away, good size car park even though the spaces aren't wide enough for the size of cars nowadays - there were lots of guests straddling two spaces and it was a pretty full car park. Room had all the basic amenities and quite warm.

Bad points were there was the bathroom was too hot, the towel rail was constantly on, and didn't turn off even when you turned the knob. There was mould around the bath door, and the window was propped open by a loose wooden block. We stayed in room 117.

If you want a quiet night sleep, don't stay here. I've stayed in several hotels in the Altrincham/Hale area and this is by far the one with the thinnest walls. Every time some one opens the door, opens their wardrobe, goes to the toilet, walks by - you hear all of it.

I didn't try the breakfast as it was too pricey, it's better to just walk 10 mins into Hale village and get your breakfast from Costa!

If you own small car and sleep like a log then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Traveller_UK_09

As indicated in the previous review the discoloured sealant is now being replaced.

Pleased that you found some aspects of your stay to be of a good standard I do regret that you were disturbed by noise issues.

Having looked at the car park today and many other days I do not find the parking within our bays to be a problem despite the variety of size of cars we accommodate but hope this did not prevent you from finding a suitable space.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed here as my works xmas party was here. The food serviced in the restaurant was delicious and the drinks were ok (i.e good choice and prices not too bad!). Breakfast in the morning was nice as well (fairly good choice and quite tasty)
The one problem seems to be the state of the "Executive" bedroom which I am sure the staff must be aware of.
Room 117 had mould in the bathroom (by the shower and also on the ceiling) - see attached photos.
The sash window was broken leaving a piece of metal about 2 foot long hanging down from the window. To open the window you had to pull it up VERY firmly then prop it open with the supplied lump of wood (see photo). I nearly knocked this out of the window when trying to prop it open so watch out if walking below!
The fact that there is very visible mould in the bathroom and the window had a supplied piece of wood to hold it open means staff must be aware of this.
117 is also an "Executive" room so if this is one of the better bedrooms I don't know what the others must be like.
It's a shame because if I wasn't staying there I would have given it 4 or 5 stars but because the room supplied was at best mouldy and at worst dangerous

Room Tip: Don't have 117 and try and avoid walking underneath it in case the "Wood window prop" falls on you!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Firstly I am sorry that you have found cause to complain and would firstly wish to offer my sincere apologies for the less than satisfactory standards you experienced.
There can be no excuse for the discoloured sealant abound the bath screen and whilst I realise it is of little consolation to you now this will be given immediate attention.
The old style windows in parts of the building can be a bit of an issue but appears from you photograph that the spring operation had fallen and has now been replaced.
On a brighter note I was pleased to hear that you liked the food and hospitality and that you had a good party

Paul Rodgers - General Manager

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Suited our purposes for being close to the airport. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Felt the decor was well worn and in need of modernising, mattress was very soft and not all the lights in the room worked

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
gmbowdon, General Manager at Mercure Altrincham Bowdon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Sorry you found the bed to be uncomfortable as we generally get nothing but praise about these but pleased you found us to be well located for your needs