$90
$40
Priceline
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Manchester Altrincham Hotel(Altrincham)(Great Value!)
$70
  • Restaurant
Birtles Farm(Altrincham)
TripAdvisor
1,021 results
All reviewsall inclusive dealleisure facilitiesmanchester airportweeks parkingcourse mealpleasant staffbar areaplenty of parkingan early flightfamily roomovernight staystayed for one nighthaletaxisaunadavetram
Reviewed November 26, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
gmbowdon, General Manager at Mercure Altrincham Bowdon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Having frequented the hotel for many years attending numerous network meetings, I think it is about time that I shared my thoughts and experiences. The hotel serves a real mix of clientèle and overall I think the staff do a great job to accommodate such a broad mix. I Chair a network that supports a local charity, CAFT, and we hold our meetings at this Hotel, and have done so for over 7 years. In that time the Manager has gone out of his way to help us run events as well as hold the regular meetings. The members of the network often hold both formal and informal meetings at the hotel because they know the Manager and the staff will do what they can to help and make them feel welcome. On the odd occasion that something hasn't been as expected, the Manager has quickly resolved the issue to our satisfaction. All in all a very good hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rachel B

It is always great to get such positive reviews particularly from local users and thanks for taking the time to write with your thoughts.

I guess the saying " it's nice to look after nice people" applies.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have used the hotel's pool facility for the last few weeks with a well known baby swimming school and as part of the deal I was told I would be welcome in the hotel lounge afterwards to feed my baby (aged 11months).

No one seems to have told the rude general manager who thinks it an imposition to be asked for a high chair and that it is inappropriate that we feed our children in his empty residents' only lounge. Unless, of course every adult purchases food and beverages. At approx £8 for a mediocre cheese
sandwich and microscopic coffee this doesn't represent good value for money, so mostly we decline food, when indeed there are any staff to ask us if we want to order anything. We have regularly been completely ignored once a high chair has been grudgingly provided.

Yesterday the manager even told me I would be welcome to feed my child in the gym reception or at a Costa Coffee, basically anywhere but his empty hotel.

Dreadful attitude.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank ginaontheotherside

Clearly a difference of opinion with this situation but do regret that you have taken offence.

For the record we are more than happy to serve customerswho wish to purchase goods and services.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had to be in Altrincham early for my partners work. This hotel was clean and functional. I found all the staff,, especially the breakfast friendly and helpful. We ate in the restaurant and apart from the loud gentleman two tables away. Hope his son does well in the Police service because we heard all about it. The meal was good and plentiful. Breakfast too was a feast.
Our room a standard double was on the small side but, the bathroom was a good size.
all in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Pleased you enjoyed your stay and thanks for taking the time to write this positive review, I know my staff will be encouraged by your kind remarks