“Lovely meal and staff”

The Laughing Elephant Cafe
Ranked #100 of 217 Restaurants in Altrincham
Description: Newly refurbished and thoroughly modernised cafe with both indoor and outdoor seating areas. Our motto is "Locally Sourced Fresh Food" and we stick to this - all our suppliers are local - some are literally over the road - and all our meals or cooked on site by our team of professionally trained chefs using these fresh ingredients.
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Great local cafe !
Had a lovely Lunch with family
Wish it was open later, be great for the occasional evening snack instead of a full meal

3  Thank 229michelleg229
TLEcafe, Manager at The Laughing Elephant Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in your response to your review we have gone under new management recently and have only gained acsess to trip advisor.

We’re delighted to see you had a great visit and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 27, 2017

Popped in with a friend for a coffee and light breakfast. I had the granola which was delicious, and my friend had the overnight oats which she said were very tasty. The coffee was excellent. Service with a smile and a very pleasant experience all round. They have spent a lot of money on the fit out and it looks great. Long may it continue!

2  Thank Emptyheaddddddd

Hello sorry for the late response to your review!

We’re very pleased to see you had a great experience, and we hope you have been in since!

We have a new menu coming soon so please do come in and try!

Reviewed October 17, 2017

The welcoming and being taken to our table was excellent, very personable.
There were plenty of options for the kids including healthy versions of adult meals plus some drawing activities.
The service was great, highlights of the fresh daily specials mentioned and drink recommendations for each course a personal highlight.
The food arrived within time and was excellent, the Sunday roast was not just superb but a very good portion size.
i would thoroughly and wholeheartedly recommend to everyone to try this and make it your local favorite eaterie.

2  Thank burckybear

Hi,

We’re sorry for the delay on the response to your review, after us opening in May last year we have gone under some new management and we have only been able to acsess trip advisor.

We’re pleased to know you had a great experience and we hope to see you again soon! :)

Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

Been here a few time for early breakfast
Not sure where to start
Great menu
Great service
Best smashed avocado and scrambled eggs I've had
I asked to drop the poached for scrambled eggs no problem at all and what flavours the local eggs were
Fantastic cafe wish I lived closer would use laughing elephant far more often

2  Thank William N

Hello,

We are sorry for the late response to your review, since opening last May we have had new management and unfortunately only been able to acsess trip advisor.

Thanks again for your review we’re glad you had a great breakfast and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

This was my first visit to my local cafe, and it came on the back of some fairly poor reviews from family and friends. But I found it not bad at all. The menu was great - varied and extensive, and the service (contrary to reviews I'd heard from others) was prompt and courteous. My fish finger ciabatta was fine - the fish could have been a bit more finger-shaped, but let's not be too picky about it. I'd have preferred my chips a little more crispy, but they weren't bad. And my latte was excellent (even if it was served a tad too early). The place wasn't busy, so I don't know if the service might not have been so good if it was busy, but there was a nice atmosphere, and I'm looking forward to going back and trying something else on the delightfully appealing menu.

2  Thank jeff1894

Hello, we apologies for the delay in responding to your review, since we have opened last May we have gone through some new management and we have only had access to get into trip advisor and view and reply to everyone’s messages.

We appreciate your review and we hope you have made a second visit since, we do have a new menu coming soon with some delicious lunch options to choose from.

We hope to see you again :)