“Avoid the restaurant!”

Add it.
Dettoris Restaurant
Ranked #116 of 198 Restaurants in Altrincham
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I went there for our Christmas Party last Friday. We were a large group from work. The restaurant was packed. The food was terrible; soup tasted as if it was served from tins, main course very mediocre and quite miser for Christmas. For dessert, the ice cream was manufactured served in its original plastic cup put in a glass cup; very poor. I was served my guinness out of a can. Very poor value for the price we paid. My church lunch cooked and served by volunteers tasted a lot better. I have no experience of the hotel. Avoid the restaurant!

2  Thank Mankarious

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Attended a Christmas party last night at £30 a head. A three course meal and a DJ is what you got. Now a say a three course meal, yes three courses but it was the worst food I have ever eaten. Nothing fresh, very bland, even the brussels sprouts tasted of absolutely nothing. Roasts potatoes made auntie bessie's look like luxury. 2 slices of averge turkey. I have seen better looking hospital food and reckon the hotels total expenditure per head must of been £1.50 on food. The best bit was the grapes on the cheese board, cheeses were like tesco basic range I reckon as tasted of nothing, Aslo at the top for the best bit was a warm mince pie at the end. It signaled the end thankfully. This hotel would do better serving school dinners, it would at least be a improvement for them.

The staff I can say were nice and pleasent.

1  Thank Mike F
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Room was fine, recently refurbished.
Woken up by departing guests to the airport several times. Some of the reception staff a little abrupt. Zero atmosphere.

1  Thank getsaround72
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Poor service and very basic accommodation. Don't stay if you can avoid it. Reception staff were rude and unaccommodating.

1  Thank Lesley D
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Yes it could because the service was good. The poor waiter did his job very well, I don’t envy him to serve food like this. I had read some review that the restaurant wasn’t that good but after having totally okay breakfasts for two day I suddenly thought I could test the restaurant for an evening meal. What can go wrong with a grilled rib-eye steak? Everything! The sauce had skin on top of it, the vegetables were totally overcooked.

1  Thank Lelleri