“Superb Find” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Home Restaurant - CLOSED

Home Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Cheshire
“Superb Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Went to the Home purely by chance one lunchtime with friends. We took advantage of the specials offer. Not disappointed the food is without a doubt superb and the staff are very friendly all in all a great atmosphere.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank chesh35

Stockport, United Kingdom
“Lovely Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

We decided to pop in here on our way back from Wales, we hadn't booked and when we arrived it seemed they were short staffed as unexpectedly let down by some waiting staff, however we we shown to our table and ordered our meal, it took a little longer than usual but was delicious, the service was exceptional and full marks to the staff (there were only a couple of waiters)who were exceptional. We will be returning for sure.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Ravenchild
“Popped in on the off chance.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We popped out for a drive and my daily mile walk, on the way home we fancied a bite to eat. Driving back to warrington we seen the large eye catching sign "two courses for £7" we thought we'd give it a try. We were welcomed by an Italian waiter who gladly asked us where we would like to eat. The level of communication was good about the food types and menu.

The choices which we had were soup, pâté and some deep fried dish which my fiancé had for our starters. The mains were; pulled pork burger and a slow roasted pork, all of which were good and well presented. My only gripe, was about the drinks, I had a pint of black currant and soda which was mainly ice. Overall a great visit and we will definitely go back again.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Abbo0107
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We arrived to be greated by the "Italian" waiter who kept saying "chow bella" all the time, we didn't get asked where we would like to sit (it was quiet) they also got our drinks order wrong, we ordered our food and the starters were average, the mains arrived which were curry and belly pork which my Mum had ordered. It looked awful and tasted awful, which my Mum explained very calmly to the young waiter who looked half asleep! A waitress came over and listened to our comments and she told us that she would inform the kitchen. After that not one member if staff came over to us to apologise, they did not ask if we would like a desert or coffee (even though they had asked the other tables) we were left a while until I asked for the bill. When I went to pay at the bar (as no one came to our table) the waitress asked if everything was ok, when I started to explain to her that the service had been bad, the Manager came over waving his hands and started shouting at me. I paid the bill and told him we would not be coming back again, his reply was "good
chow bella" he was very rude and intimidating. They also have a new chef which speaks volumes!! I would rather pay extra than be treated like that!

• Visited June 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good from the outside but almost comical inside!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I pass Home every day and live a mile up the road but have rarely been inside, and not for many years. But the other day I needed to grab some food for me, my daughter and her school friend so we decided to pop in for a quick bowl of something. Last time I visited it was like a proper pub (as you'd expect from the outside) - you know, sit where you like, order at the bar etc. But this time they took us to a table stuffed in the corner right on top of the few other people eating. They have this massive floor area and dozens of empty tables and then they make you sit crammed into a tiny space inches away from other people (to make it look busy from the outside). It was like being in someone's sitting room. The food was average but the service was, well, odd. A young lad who didn't know what he was doing and a bloke pretending to be Italian (I say pretending because his accent was so extreme it was almost comical). Can't complain at the prices coz it was 50% off that night but sorry, I think driving past Home is a better option than actually going in.

• Visited May 2013