“AVOID!! POOR!! MILES AWAY FROM A GASTRO EXPERIENCE!!”
Review of Home Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Home Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Warrington, United Kingdom
“AVOID!! POOR!! MILES AWAY FROM A GASTRO EXPERIENCE!!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

First visit (late January 2013) to this restaurant was fantastic. Great service and excellent food. Looking back there was only us and maybe one other couple in the restaurant at the time therefore probably no excuses.

Based on our first visit we recommended Home to family as a place to eat for Sunday dinner (3/3/12). We arrived, the pub was busy but we were taken to a table right away. We were sat on the right hand side of the pub and it didn't seem to be part of the main restaurant. We all had to keep our coats on as it was really cold!

Tried to order wine however they didn't have what we wanted.

Ordered our dinner, sunday lunch for all. 30 mins passed, 60 mins passed, 70 mins past... No food. We were told that our order was next out... That was at around the 60 min point... We were told again, after complaining, that again we were next out... Around the 70 min point. We waited a further 5/10 mins and decided to just leave!

The customer service was shocking! Two of the tables close to us left the majority of their food and also left.

It was like eating in a completely different restaurant from our first visit.

Sign outside says new chef... Management... Get rid and bring back the old one!

Sorry guys I will not be returning!

• Visited March 2013

“extremely disappointing”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

***IMPORTANT NOTICE****
have 'dined' here on many occasions, & previously recommended to friends..... HOW WRONG I WAS.
Never felt compelled to write a review before but feel this needs to be done as the food/service/drinks in my estimation, are very, very substandard indeed.
AVOID AT ALL COST

Lymm, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Nice setting but the food was over-priced for the quality received, even with 50% discount! Will not got back again.

cheshire
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have visited this restaurant on several occasions, both at lunch time after a walk through Dunham Park, and in the evening for dinner with friends. The service has always been excellent, the staff always polite and friendly and the food has always without exeption been fantastic and extremely well presented. It is extremely good value for money and I would strongly recommend it to anyone.

• Visited December 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have been to this restaurant on numerous occasions and found the service and the food of a high standard.
Unfortunately yesterday 1/1/2013 was not one of those occasions.
We booked a table for four people and found ourselves at the table nearest the front door so every time anyone entered we were met with a very cold draft. Not a problem as the lovely chap who worked there moved our table. On a personal note I didn’t get his name but very friendly, courteous and amusing … so many thanks
The starters were good the pate and mushrooms went down a treat.
Having picked out main courses on ordering the waitress advised there was an addition to the menu, chicken casserole and red cabbage. I immediately ordered this as it sounded delicious. What was presented was like a dish I have never seen before, as we all looked on in horror. There was a piece of chicken (not sure what part as certainly wasn’t a breast) plonked with dry skin on a plate of dried out vegetable, when I pulled the skin back there was pieces that were black and red, it was disgusting and I am surprised that it was even let out of the kitchen. I complained and changed dishes to my original thought, the burgundy beef and potatoes which were very good.
Whilst my family finished their food I continued to eat due to the delay, when one of the waitresses came up, started to clear the plates and ask me what I wanted for desert. I explained I was still eating my dinner so she put all the dishes back on the table.
On a positive the New Zealand wine was very good, but the downside of the terrible food there was no apology from the management making it an experience I won’t forget in a while. Very sad!

• Visited January 2013