“Very disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Home Restaurant - CLOSED

Home Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have been to this restaurant on numerous occasions and found the service and the food of a high standard.
Unfortunately yesterday 1/1/2013 was not one of those occasions.
We booked a table for four people and found ourselves at the table nearest the front door so every time anyone entered we were met with a very cold draft. Not a problem as the lovely chap who worked there moved our table. On a personal note I didn’t get his name but very friendly, courteous and amusing … so many thanks
The starters were good the pate and mushrooms went down a treat.
Having picked out main courses on ordering the waitress advised there was an addition to the menu, chicken casserole and red cabbage. I immediately ordered this as it sounded delicious. What was presented was like a dish I have never seen before, as we all looked on in horror. There was a piece of chicken (not sure what part as certainly wasn’t a breast) plonked with dry skin on a plate of dried out vegetable, when I pulled the skin back there was pieces that were black and red, it was disgusting and I am surprised that it was even let out of the kitchen. I complained and changed dishes to my original thought, the burgundy beef and potatoes which were very good.
Whilst my family finished their food I continued to eat due to the delay, when one of the waitresses came up, started to clear the plates and ask me what I wanted for desert. I explained I was still eating my dinner so she put all the dishes back on the table.
On a positive the New Zealand wine was very good, but the downside of the terrible food there was no apology from the management making it an experience I won’t forget in a while. Very sad!

• Visited January 2013

Manchester
“Good Value Good Quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

The two of us came for an evening meal on Sat. 22-12-2012 . We opted for the Christmas Party menu at £15 for three courses . There was a good choice and three courses selected were very good quality, tasty and filling. The atmosphere was relaxed and the service attentive . We enjoyed our evening and recommend this restaurant ...

• Visited December 2012
Warrington, United Kingdom
“For the price.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

Home's attraction for us is the 2 courses for £7 (used to be £6). Food is good quality for the price and a fairly decent selection available. Quality is above your standard pub grub and we have always been impressed for the price.

Service is alright, can be a bit slow when the place is busy, that said, it's one of our regular haunts..

• Visited December 2012
Ashton-under-Lyne, United Kingdom
“Warm and Homely..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Couldn't do enough for us, service was fast and friendly, and the food when it came was piping hot and well presented. As others have said too, it's very reasonably priced. Made it all the better being sat next to the burning open log fire.

• Visited November 2012
Manchester UK
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Despite the wonderful setting Home fails to live up to the promise. The food is just average & pricey, the service hopeless. Overall a little disappointing

Visited October 2012