See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Well..... wonky broken head board.... lights that didn't work... 2 channels on TV .. bathroom was clean and bedding was clean. Scruffy doors... graffiti in lift.... carpets in reception haven't seen a vacuum in a long while..... stairs filthy.... paid for breakfast... but sadly wouldn't dare to eat or drink. .. wouldn't stay again. BRITANIA Hotel group ... shameful

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2017

We stayed at the Ashley after travelling to Manchester to watch a Test Match and found that the Hotel we had booked nearby had closed down without us being notified. As it was a re-arranged booking we hadn't had any chance to do research so were pleasantly surprised. Contrary to the reviews we read AFTER our stay, we found everyone very friendly and helpful. Rooms were fairly basic but prefectly adequate and clean. English breakfast was good. Parking in the adjacent pay and display car park could have been a pain but lady at reception told us where to park for free nearby. I'd be quite happy to go back again.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank tricky1812
Reviewed August 4, 2017

We stayed there the night before we flew out from Manchester airoport . Thinking the hotel could be quiet nice , o my god it was like the hotel from hell , the reception area looked as if it needed a good scrub , they probably haven't vacumned in wks , lift was horrible, , the room we had was very basic , window did ent open very well , old fashioned tv with no remote control I had to sit on the floor to change channels , no internet , not clean at all needed a good paint , bathroom had mould around the bath , no lol brush ( not that we needed it ) , to sum the hotel up if you can call it a hotel it was HELL , so my advice to any body if you read this is do not stay there .

Room tip: Do not stay there
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank helsgav
Reviewed August 4, 2017

If you want to be treated like you're nothing and sleep in a room prison cell worthy, go here. Staff spoke down to me and the young lady had the worst attitude I have ever seen. In my honest opinion go else where.

Room tip: Just don't go here.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank dylanjohnson12345
Reviewed August 3, 2017

Honestly this place is a total dump. Graffiti in the lift, the corridor walls. The building stinks of smoke...

The room was incredibly shabby but I was willing to forgive and forget as the bathroom seemed quite clean. That was until bedtime, out of our party of 4 nobody got a wink of sleep due to a loud generator that went on all night. It actually seemed to get louder as the night went on.

Seen a few reviews that claim it's alright for the price, the location is decent I admit but honestly there's no excuse for the state of this place. I've stayed in hostels in major cities for 1/4 of the price that were cleaner and more modern.
Awful.