Barringtons Hotel
$36
  • Bar/Lounge
$78
$66
Premier Inn Manchester Altrincham Hotel(Altrincham)(Great Value!)
$65
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Altrincham Central(Altrincham)(Great Value!)
$38
$94
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I must say this hotel did not even have the decency to reply to me directly. I am also going to the consumer council, the liquor board the AA and the Hotel Chamber Of commerce and am going to officially lodge a complaint.
I called the hotel just after 8pm and asked the lady how easy is it to get to Manchester city centre from the hotel as I am in traffic and will be late. She then explained to me there is a Tram service and can I get there in 15 minutes.I explained to her as it is the soccer match I am running late the trafiic is quite high
I arrived with a freind who lives in Ashton Under Lynne and we were going to have dinner together and he was not going to stay as I had booked for a single person. On arrival I noticed the Lady at the bar was having drinks Alcohol as you could see it straight away. I did not like the look of the hotel from the outside as this is what Bookings.com does puts a good picture but the outside looks like trash. The bar had clientel which made me scared and I asked her if I dont stay the second night what is the procedure. She said I would have to pay for it. I gave her my card she took the two nights stay and then asked a very drunk man to show me to my room. I told her that my friend just helped me find the hotel and he will not be staying at all.
The drunk man showed me to my room, which was ice cold and not heated prior to my arrival. Why would the receptionist or so called manager bother when she was too busy chatting away at the bar and enjoying herself.He switched on a wall electric heater which barely heated the room and as you know because it is an old building and the windows are not double glazed it was freezing cold. I then decided to have a shower to get warm and the water ran for 30 minutes and there was no hot water. I complained and she insisted there was hot water and clearly there wasnt.
As you know when the boiler times are set and it is off there will be no heating or hot water. Especially when the heating taps are turned off. I was terribly dissapointed and upset got dressed and while getting dressed the drunk guy knocked my door every 5 minutes wanting to know when my guest is leaving which I told them he is going home as I am takeing him back.I left the hotel and had to return home as there was no other hotel available due to the match. My entire weekend was spoilt and I can now see form a very empty car park not many people stay at this hotel which is more a dump then a hotel.
I request that my money be refunded as soon as possible to avoid further dissapointment.
Thanking you kindly

Mr patel

Room Tip: A period building with no double glazing ice cold heating is very poor so tehre aint any to select:-) maybe the toilet is warmer
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank yucefgeorge7
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Bearing in mind, I booked this place purely because we were on a budget and needed a bed for the night south of Manchester, we weren't disapointed. I was doing a triathlon in Cheshire Sunday morning and we have family in Manchester so Altrincham was the perfect location and due to the proximity to the metrolink the Barrington Hotel was ideal. For only £45 in total for the night I can't complain. The hall way is tired and involved a lot of stairs but the rooms have obviously been recently refurbished and were really clean with a lovely big bed in the main room and a second single bed next door. The staff we really friendly and helpful and even though they didn't have a breakfast option on the room we were given a couple of boxes of cereal and shown where a small kitchen was. If you appreciate that this is a budget hotel, then you won't be disapointed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

Looks like from other reviews they have refurbished.

I stayed in room 6, decent size ,comfortable bed,very clean,big bath tub,powerful shower.

The hotel is really a pub with rooms but I have stayed in a lot worse than this and a lot more expensive .

Staff friendly and refurbished bar.

Will certainly be back.

Very comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Adriano S
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Arrived late and nice Slovak guy showed me to my room, £25 a night, en suite. Rooms decor was past its best and the facade does indeed recall down at heel pubs but its location (1 minutes from rail and bus depot with a huge supermarket nearby) cannot be beaten. The noise from other rooms and outside might be a bit de trop but apart from bringing earplugs there is no cause for complaint! 9/10! Would recommend for Manchester area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Ciaran91
Reviewed February 17, 2010

I stayed at the Barrington on a weekend trip up to Manchester, was a little dubious at first as it looks like old fashioned spit and sawdust pub.
Checked in by friendly owners and shown to rooms which had evrything you need, were clean and tidy though they could do with a refurbishment but none the less they were comfy and warm.
Got back late and bar was still open had a good drink with Mike the barman until the small hours.
Overall good place nice price will stay again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends