“Well worth a visit”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have eaten of the a la carte and special offers night - the foods lovely, mid week seems quite easy to get a table but its very busy at week end .

Reviewed October 16, 2012

2 of us visited for lunch today (wed). Booked on line and was given a nice window table. Decided on the value lunch menu..2 courses for around £10. My colleague liked his pate and I enjoyed a rich creamy lentil and watercress soup. I had chick pea and roast veg casserole with parmesan cheese, which was good. The other dish was lamb with butternut squash puree and red cabbage...again enjoyed but the lamb was very fatty. The service was very good, we were made to feel welcome. The place wasn't too busy. The bill was extremely good value

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Francs has always been pretty steady and ive been on many occasion. My last visit was less than good. They have this new awful idea that customers need to see a picture of the cooked dish on a bloody iPad for Christs sake! Whats all that about? The staff were poor, we had to really struggle to get their attention for additional drinks etc which is never a good sign. Food as ever was good so no complaints there but I was well annoyed when the bill came as they charged me an extra £3 for a small basket of additional bread. Granted I asked for it but on being many times before this has always come complimentary like the first basket they bring. I mean there was approx 5 extremely thin slices of french stick which must have cost them all of 10p and it left a sour taste I'm afraid! I did pay for it but told them about it but wont be returning in a hurry. There are plenty more restaurants in the area that are glad for your custom.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I guess that we have been going to Francs since it opened around 20 years ago. From time to time we try other places but eventually return to Francs as the main venue for family occasions, it's like an old friend.

The food is reliably good, the service relaxed and professional (although sometimes a little slow) and the atmosphere always excellent.

It was the place I used to take clients to when I was working and when they came back to Altrincham they would ask to go back to Francs.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Celebrated my 65th birthday at Francs last week. Excellent food and good atmosphere. Staff very obliging - my sister wanted to have a starter as a main course and that was no problem. All in all a lovely evening, and reasonably priced.