“Great food , service a little slow and haphazard”

THE KEILLER BRASSERIE & LOUNGE
Ranked #6 of 32 Restaurants in Ballater
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We were a large group and so we had pre ordered at the restaurant's request so were a little surprised at the slow service and evident confusion but aside from that everything else was very good . Between us all we sampled a large part of the menu and everything was excellent . Good choice of food , good value , well presented food , pleasant decor , pleasant staff (if somewhat disorganised ) not an extensive wine list but we were happy with our choice . We also ate on another night in the bar area which has a shortened version of the same menu with a more casual seating arrangement and that was very enjoyable too

1  Thank JANDDBritinParis
There are newer reviews for THE KEILLER BRASSERIE & LOUNGE

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I know its a few years since we have eaten here but what a transformation. The restaurant is now modern, well fitted and with really nice staff.
As you would expect from Hilton the menu is international in order to satisfy its varied clientele. However, it does have a Scottish theme running through it with lots of local produce on offer.
Starters - we both had the baked goats cheese and beetroot. Well presented and very tasty.
Mains - we had the Cairngorm chicken and the Scotch sirloin steak. Again both were well cooked and tasty.
Desserts - I had the Belgian chocolate cake with raspberry sorbet. Both the chocolate and the sorbet were excellent. The sorbet was one of the best I've tasted. My other half had the Keiller orange and rhubarb panna cotta. This was presented in a small yoghurt style glass. It looked and tasted excellent. The handmade gingerbread ice cream was also very interesting.
Both the young waitresses were very professional, friendly and a credit to the restaurant.
Have given this a 5 rating due to the overall 'package' - the price for 3 courses each together with a large glass of wine and a soft drink was just under £50. So taking this into account together with the quality of the food, service, etc. I think this is justified.

1  Thank Wilton2
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We hadn't eaten at the old Clubhouse for years as it was awful but our visit to the Keiller restaurant is definitely worth repeating. It's a varied menu and the food was delicious all round. I was surprised to see bad reviews here of the service as ours was spot on, delightfully friendly and attentive. It's also got a good atmosphere and looks smart and inviting.

1  Thank gjc561
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Good menu choice, although vegetarian options limited.Good service, but there is no need for the waiters to memorise the order - it's bound to lead to mistakes . A restaurant with very original layout and a pleasant ambience. Meals are attractively presented, and it represents good value for money.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

If you visited the old bar at Craigendarroch before this year, you would have been unlikely to be rushing back. Not so with the 2014 version, now known as the Keiller Brasserie.
Most of the comments that I would make are the same as in my review of the restaurant so I will refrain from repeating but I will say it's a huge improvement and worth visiting now.

2  Thank fotowizz