“Striking restaurant with good food”

THE KEILLER BRASSERIE & LOUNGE
Ranked #5 of 32 Restaurants in Ballater
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Nr London, England
“Striking restaurant with good food”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Good menu choice, although vegetarian options limited.Good service, but there is no need for the waiters to memorise the order - it's bound to lead to mistakes . A restaurant with very original layout and a pleasant ambience. Meals are attractively presented, and it represents good value for money.

• Visited May 2014

Bray on Thames, United Kingdom
“Massive improvement!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

If you visited the old bar at Craigendarroch before this year, you would have been unlikely to be rushing back. Not so with the 2014 version, now known as the Keiller Brasserie.
Most of the comments that I would make are the same as in my review of the restaurant so I will refrain from repeating but I will say it's a huge improvement and worth visiting now.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank fotowizz
Lincoln
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Keiller Lounge -shocking service and terrible vegetarian options.”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I don't normally advocate reviews which just complain however felt the need to for the Keiller Lounge at Craigendarroch.

The new decor is good but the service is so unbelievably slow, took forever to get our food and excessively long time periods between courses despite appearing relatively empty on a Thursday night.

Also it took >20 mins to get our bill when we asked for it, staff member (female, brunette, accent) said "yes" however didn't come back, we then saw her casually serving people at the bar, apparently forgetting about us or not bothering to hand the request over to another staff member. We finally got it after asking someone else.

Another example of poor service from same staff member , I ask for a coffee, conversation goes like this:
Me: "can I get a mocha"
Staff: "yes"
Me: "can I get it with cream and sprinkles"
Staff: "yes"
Me: "great thanks, that's it"
Staff: "do you want cream with it?"
SIGH!

Vegetarian options are pretty poor also, choice between cheese sandwich or macaroni cheese. I expect more from the Hilton. If you're staying in a lodge my advice is go shopping and cook yourself!

• Visited March 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Staffing issues”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

As per my review of the hotel experience - staffing and capacity issues were the most memorable part of our dinner experience. Menu is ok but could do with local specials to freshen it up. Great value for money, terrible service though.

Visited February 2014
Cheltenham
“Huge improvement !”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We have been coming to Craigendarroch for years, and the previous 'Club House' restaurant was very average, in all ways, food, atmosphere and decor. What a difference the 'Keiller Brasserie' is and not just in name, lovely refurbishment, excellent food, good service and very reasonable prices. We ate here twice during the week with friends, and we all agreed it was now an excellent restaurant, looking forward to eating there again next February!

Visited February 2014