“Warm and cozy”

Ranked #3 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Ballater
Leidschendam, The Netherlands
“Warm and cozy”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The place is as I remembered and the chocolat mudcake with hot chocolat is still the same. Also the cute things they sell and that makes it cozy.

Visited July 2012

inverness
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great cyclists refuelling cafe”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

After cycling over the lecht from Aviemore the Brown Sugar cafe was a little haven. Great soup, pannini and date slice. The staff even asked if I wanted my cycle bottle filled. Gave me weather forecast and wished me well heading to Pitlochry. Some other cyclists appeared and everyone was given the same friendly service. Well done to all the staff and great to see a service with a smile
Will be back with family.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank scott s
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gluten free treat”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My husband went into this cafe whilst I was shopping in the town and he was delighted to find that they were able to offer him not only gluten free tray bakes but also said they would make him a choice of gluten free sandwiches which was a real treat for him. He also had a '"delicious espresso coffee just like he has in France". I met him in there and enjoyed a cup of chai tea (from the large selection) and home made apple cake- yum! The staff could not have done more to make us feel welcome even though they were very busy! (There was also a selection of unusual gifts and greetings cards and I was able to buy a lovely gift for my new great nephew much to my husbands despair!) I would deffo recommend this cafe to other visitors as it is competitively priced and there is a big variety of different foods to choose from. We will deffo go back on our next trip to Ballater.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank S J
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“Best Coffee and homebakes in Deeside!”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Title says it all really. Espresso coffee that is actually like the real espresso served on the continent, and real homebakes that are delicious. Great range of chocolates too. Forget the previous comment about inattentive staff, we had a very warm welcome. Oh, and the lentil soup was excellent too.
The courtyard to the rear is a real suntrap, and was open on the day of our visit - yes, in March!
Will be back.

• Visited March 2012
Inverness
“Great Coffee and friendly”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Not really a full review as I only had coffee and a date slice. Both my wife and myself commented that the coffee was really excellent. Nice strong flavour.

Staff were very friendly and welcoming.

Smallish cafe but with some comfy leather couches.

Would certainly return for another coffee or lunch.

• Visited March 2012