This was our second visit to Hilton Craigendarroch, as owners. Stayed in Lodge 1 with amazing views from the balcony up the valley towards Balmoral. We could watch the weather as it changed from snow, to rain, to sun and back again, with the light falling across the mountains. The lodge was in a good state with a nicely furnished kitchen (some appliances where so new that they were still in their boxes). Heaters, as many others have commented, were certainly needed since the temperature was down very low at night and there fresh falls of snow - i do wonder how the electricity charges are calculated though since the week cost just over £55 which did seem somewhat high. Note that the bedrooms are all on timeswitch-based heaters and can get pretty cold in the winter - a extra blanket certainly helps!
As you may know, the main house is being refurbished and turned into new apartments. The work is due to finish in the summer, so there are workman there right now but the noise is not bad at all. Will be interesting to see what the new restaurant will be like. The swimming pool was at a very nice temperature too, making it a real pleasure to swim. The men's locker area could do with some improvements though.
Did a few good walks in the area as well as horse riding over at Glen Tannar in brilliant sunshine. Also went to Dunnotrar Castle, near Stonehaven. A real find! well worth the visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Grand Vacations at Craigendarroch is a beautiful resort in Royal Deeside. It boasts 32 newly developed luxury timeshare suites along with it's existing 99 lodges set within the grounds, the Keiller Brasserie and Lounge offering a fantastic range of frshly produced and local menu items, an indoor lagoon pool, LivingWell Health Club and The House Spa. The resort also includes indoor games room and squash court together with outdoor play park and tennis courts providing activities for all the family. The resort is perfectly located for walkers and hikers to take in the beautiful surrounding scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Craigendarroch Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Craigendarroch Hotel Ballater
- Hilton Hotel Craigendarroch
- Hilton Hotel Ballater
- Hilton Ballater
- Ballater Hilton
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club At Craigendarroch Lodges Ballater, Scotland