Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Craigendarroch Lodges
Deeside Inn(Ballater)
$109
$101
Loch Kinord Hotel(Dinnet)(Great Value!)
$145
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
HotelQuickly
TripAdvisor
Glen Clova Hotel(Milton of Clova)
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbedroom lodgetimeshare lodgeswimming poolleisure facilitiestime sharesquash courtleisure clubsnooker roomtable tenniswashing machinespent a weekbar and restaurantliving roomsurrounding countrysidethe main hotelbit datedsauna and steam room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Being stuck overseas, I wanted to arrange a surprise weekend stay for my parents (my mother’s 70th Birthday). Well what can I say, but a huge thank you to 'Team Craigendarroch' for making this a very special experience from check-in to check-out. The staff were attentive and friendly and couldn't do enough to ensure my parents enjoyed their stay. A very special thank you to Hilary who sorted everything out during the booking stage and who put up with my many email requests. Well done and thank you again!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I had been counting down the days until I arrived in Scotland, flying into Aberdeen I hired a car and drove my way through the beautiful Scottish countryside towards Ballater. What an amazing place Royal Deeside is ... picture perfect and as I drove up the driveway of the Hilton Craigendarroch I was welcomed with warm friendly smiles. Christine the manager on duty and her team offered me freshly baked shortbread on arrival. What a nice touch ! I was escorted to my suite ( The Turret Room ) with a sumptuous 4 poster bed. I was extremely delighted with my 2 nights stay. The bed, dinner and breakfast deal was great value for money. I indulged in a few day-spa treatments and attended the “Scottish Night “in the Oaks Restaurant. That was a wonderful way to be introduced to my “Highland Holiday” - and was proud to say that I did eat all the Haggis on my plate ! A dram of whisky went down a treat as I returned to my room for a long soak in my spa bath. The main building is nostalgic and comfortable … needless to say I slept like a baby. ( Perhaps too much Whisky ) as I could still hear the sweet sounds of the bagpipes in my head. The location of the hotel is ideal for exploring this exquisite corner of the Scottish countryside. I am hard to please - I really am ... but I do praise the friendly team here at Craigendarroch. The building is picturesque yes ... but the small attention to details makes it a home away from home. The smallest Hilton in the world it may be ... but one with the biggest heart. As a Hilton HHonors member - I really did feel " Cared for - Valued and Respected " .. Thank you all again for giving me some very fond memories. I will be back for sure .... in winter next time.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to a suite !
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank BlackWitchNZ69
Reviewed September 27, 2012

When the leisure centre was first opened at this hotel, I lived in Ballater and was a member. We then used to go into the cafe for yummy club sandwiches. This was the first time ai had actually stayed in the hotel. I was in the first crescent suite room which had separate living room and an amazing spa bath. Everything was great apart from the fact that there was a noisy equipment room which hummed and whirred and made sitting on the balcony area impossibly annoying. I could hear it in the evening too so slept with the radio on. I think a room at the other end would be fine..I spoke to reception about it on departure and she said I'm the only person who ever mentioned it. I must have super sensitive hearing I guess. I ate in the Oaks one night and the normal restaurant the other night and food was fine in both. I made use of the pool too .....since I was a member a children's pool has been added and annoyingly children still using the main pool making actual swimming difficult. They do havee adults only time in this pool though. Spa bath great...huge! The sauna and steam room sadly were not in use. Staff very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jetice_10
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Its a great location, ideal for the outdoors and the restaurant was excellent. We liked it so much we went back for a timeshare.
There is a lot to do in the area and even if the weather is not good, there is a super swimming pool.

Room Tip: Get the most expensive
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank friarfield
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We arrived after a four hours drive and were dealt with very quickly by the staff, the scenery getting there was beautifull but when we got there it was so quiet..The lodges are of different sizes and very well maintained all to a high standard...we stayed at No 77 and found everything you would need a real home from home.
while there a replacement three piece suit was put in and a cracked window replaced which was done while we were out on a day trip so was not an inconvenient to ourself..
close by is the small village of Ballater with a few shops for your food ect or if you dont like to cook an on site restaurant with very nice food at a good price is at the hotel
the pool area is very good .. a gym .. steam room .. sauna .. kids pool .. games room .. pool table and snooker .. bike hire and lots more..
A great place to go out and about we spent every day getting around.. down the road a few miles is Balmoral you are limited by dates to get in the grounds but the Queen is known to visit the village while there.
wildlife is seen running around the lodges day and night we would stand on the balcony and watch it there are feeders for red squirrel dotted around.
There is some updated due soon but I would suggest the best place to do it would be the internet ..
at the moment its very slow apart from that its a realy great place to relax and enjoy some peace and quiet.. please do'nt confuse the lodges with the hotel as there is a big difference you can own the lodges and can pick up some at a discount but this is not a sales pitch..just go enjoy..

Room Tip: if your a couple a single bed lodge is best as very roomy but only one bathroom yet has a pull down double bed in living area....but if your two couples get a two bed as this will have two bathrooms much better and more private
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple