My wife and I have just returned from a break on Royal Deeside made memorable and enjoyable by our experience at the Deeside Inn, Ballater. From the welcome we received on arrival until our departure 3 days later we received nothing but first class service from the new General Manager Kevin and Deputy Lukas and staff. We had a very well furnished comfortable room on the first floor which suited us perfectly with our 2 dogs. The public rooms are lovely and furnished in a charming traditional style befitting the hotel. The food in the restaurant was beautifully cooked and presented well and the menu was excellent.The ambience in the restuarant and the bar was very warming set off by a nice choice of background music whilst the residents lounge with it's deep sofas and armchairs was so relaxing after a long day out. We also had live music in the bar one evening and thanks to Lukas learned a new way to enjoy our favourite tipple.We were both impressed by the professionalism displayed by the new managment and wish them every success in the future. We will have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to our friends and look forward to returning in the not too distant future
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Deeside Inn is an authentic Highland inn situated in the picturesque village of Ballater in the heart of Royal Deeside - a few miles away from Balmoral Castle, the Queen's summer home. Only an hour's drive from Aberdeen, this part of the Cairngorms is world famous for its stunning scenery and offers some of the best walking, climbing, mountain biking, river fishing and wildlife watching in Scotland. We can arrange a huge range of outdoor activities on behalf of our guests. The inn itself is welcoming and cosy with open log fires, wooden floors, tartan carpets, comfy tweed furnishings and well appointed comfortable bedrooms. In our Ceilidh bar we offer over 40 Scottish single malts and hearty Highland dishes, and also host fantastic traditional music sessions every other Wednesday. In our brasserie style restaurant we offer an a la carte and grill menu, which feature game, salmon and Highland beef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Deeside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Deeside Hotel Ballater
- Deeside Inn Ballater, Scotland