“Small but perfect”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Although this is a very small restaurant, and the decor is dated, the food is fantastic. And why do you go out to a restaurant if not to eat?

The food will take some time to cook as it's all fresh and not pre-prepared, so have some decent conversation ideas with you. And the other advise is listen to the staffs recommendations -they have a lot of unique dishes well worth trying.

Oh - final tip - don't order too much! We got carried away, loved it all but were stuffed at the end.

2  Thank OlracUK

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I don't live in Bedford but when I visit I always make sure I go hungry.
Great Value, interesting menu and always very friendly staff.
Go there!!

2  Thank jayBedfordshire
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I went in to the Rajkot for the first time last night with a couple of friends. We'd all heard good things but never ventured in as it's one of those place you always walk past on the way to somewhere else.

For a Friday night it was really quiet but we were made to feel very welcome. The owner talked us through the menu and made his recommendations. Some people might find this intrusive but he couldn't have been more helpful.

They offer an Indian Tapas, smaller portions which mean you can have a taste of everything on offer. Value is good with three dishes for £14. We chose six dishes, two chicken, two fish and two veggie with a portion of rice and they threw in some naan and roti for free :-) Everything was spiced to the heat level we wanted and medium was just right.

The only downside is that it is teeny tiny and right on the High Street. As the air conditioning wasn't working the front door was open but it's just far enough away from the pubs so it's not intrusive.

They did bring through the Nuclear Chicken Wings whilst we were there and I think they could do some serious damage to someone.... We all broke down with a coughing fit and we weren't even eating them!!! for braver souls than me....

Brilliant dining experience, fantastic service and amazing food!!! If you only want three dishes, can I suggest the Chicken Kalimirch, Garlic King Prawns and Patra Chaat... I'll be going back for sure!!

2  Thank Kat A
Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

It is very good. Unfortunately small, but you.can call ahead.

Sam takes care to make sure you know what you are ordering. Don't get the wings unless you can handle indescribably serious heat. When they cook them, they have to vent the restaurant, and people still tear up.

The normal food is excellent, and spiced to your stated taste.

2  Thank Christopher D
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I have been to this restaurant twice now and found the food to be very good.Friendly service and i think the idea of tapas size indian dishes is very good, it gives you a chance to order several dishes at once without it getting too expensive, and the ability to try something different as well.The hot chicken wings (naga) chilli are very hot!!!!!try them if you dare.But overall very good and will be back.Only thing against this restaurant is the very small size.

3  Thank mrvranas