“Great food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Royston, United Kingdom
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

This is one of the towns finest Chippy's it has always had a great reputation,, again it is out of the town, parking can be a nightmare but is worth it, delicious food, some unusual things on the menu, definitely worth a try

Visited January 2014

Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh fish and a wide variety!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

My first time to this shop and was happy to be told my fish would be cooked fresh. I had a generous large cod and chips and my husband had swordfish which came out smelly and looking delicious. I think the prices are little higher than some, but definitely worth it. Defo recommend and hopefully will be back to visit!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
London
“Not bad fish chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Considering this is a national favourite food of UK we gave it had to try it. Chips were nice if a little oily and the battered cod like a huge fish pakora was tasty too with no bones. The fish was not very fresh or firm that would be the only downside. Will try again

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Surfleet, United Kingdom
“Back to its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Having until recently lived in Bedford all my life I have had many meals from this chip shop. It always used to be excellent with a long queue but I heard in the last few years it had slipped badly. So having heard about a change of ownership I went back for a nostalgic visit. I have to say the food was excellent being freshly cooked to order and some if the best chips I have ever had. The menu was also much greater than normal with tuna and halibut on the menu for something different. Staff need to be a bit more friendly and perhaps smile a bit and they will crack it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Unbelievably Bad!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Where shall I start? Well how about the rude boy serving me, who swore at me, not once but twice in front of my six year old.

Why you might ask? Well simply because I queried why he'd left my food on the counter for 10 minutes getting cold while they attempted to complete my order. The second bout of swearing was prompted by me pointing out the burger was missing from my order. I've [--] put in the [--] bad was the answer. We went outside, unwrapped each item to prove the burger was missing. Went back into the shop to have a burger handed to me, not a word of an apology. Got home to find it wasn't the right burger, but frankly had had enough. The rest of the food was worse. Cold,greasy and over-cooked chips. A £5.50 Seafood Platter consisted of 4 lumps of greasy batter. The kids meal of fish fingers and chips had an adult-sized portion of chips and a single fish finger (the most of the batter missing). The Calamari was so sad even the cats turned their nose up at.

Avoid like the plague - there are enough other Chip Shops in the area that this one won't last long operating like this,

• Visited May 2013