“Outstanding!”

St Helena
Ranked #1 of 419 Restaurants in Bedford
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ideal For romantic dinner,Special Occasions,Bussiness lunches or just a Night out. £45 is for a 5 course fine dining dinner menu
Ampthill, United Kingdom
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My wife and I went to St Helena's just before Christmas for an end of year treat. I still think of it now. What a great place! The food is top class but it's the great atmosphere and brilliant service from the hosts that make it such a special place and not at all stuffy. See you again before too long?

• Visited December 2013

bedford
“Can't wait for the next visit. PERFECT!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

i am going to keep this short as I have reviewed St Helena in the past as Saying it should have Michelin stars.
We visited for a lunch midweek with friends from Gloucestershire, we all commented on the faultless service, with outstanding food. After our lunch the chef Steve Barringer came out & introduced himself & talked to us about his career on masterchef.
This is certainly NOT your average pub/restaurant that seem to have popped up all over the place in the last 20 years. St Helena is 100% " just a well run restaurant that caters for good food, good service, faultless atmosphere & spotlessly clean, prices certainly not over the top as some people have stated in past reviews. (if you pay for peanuts you get peanuts)
Would we go back? A MOST DEFINITE "YES" can't wait.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank barry c
Ampthill, United Kingdom
“Bedfordshire's no1”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Probably the best food in bedfordshire deserves no1 spot. Food is amazing and atmosphere is good. You wont be disappointed. Will cost around £120 per couple with one or 2 drinks the only criticism i have is if your not a regular to the restaurant you don't get much attention from owners although they mingle with the other tables and although the food is great recently I've found your food has different flavours and sides not listed on your menu so of your palette does not like posh foams and goats cheese you will have to move it aside.

2 Thank Bedfordmac
Bedford, United Kingdom
“A celebration restaurant...”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have been fortunate enough to go here a handful of times and I haven't been disappointed. The menu and food is excellent - definitely the best in Bedford and surrounding area in my opinion.
The restaurant itself is quite tucked away and some people in Bedford haven't even heard of it.
It's a great advantage to have a master chef professional in the kitchen - The food is presented very well and the portions aren't too small.
It can get quite expensive if drinking bottles of wine etc and this makes it an expensive venue - hence why it's a celebration place for us to come on a birthday or anniversary.
They make an effort with touches such as decorating your plate with 'Happy Birthday'.

The owners have two small dogs which can be seen wondering around the restaurant in the later hours of the evening - I don't mind this (in fact one sat with me for some time) but if you're not a dog lover this may seem a bit odd.

St Helena's is a firm favourite for me - it's a place to get dressed up and fine wined and dined.

• Visited November 2013
Bedford, United Kingdom
“A special place to take someone you love”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I took my wife here for our wedding anniversary meal in July celebrating 33 years of marriage. So glad i chose this restaurant. it was excellent, great surrounding and just so nice. Best treat was whilst waiting for our taxi, we were offered complimentary drinks on the lawn.

pricy, but well worth it!!

• Visited July 2013