8,057 results
All reviews pancake house cafe rouge wave pool sports bar lazy river executive lodge aqua sana swimming area parc market the subtropical swimming paradise pottery painting great fun main pool is bed lodge las iguanas games room aerial adventure
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have stayed at Woburn on three occasions now because it suits our family needs.
This year we were 6 adults+2 children(5+3)+2 babies.We stayed in a 4 bed lodge.We were comfortable and within easy access to the Village Square and swimming dome.3 of us experienced the Aqua Sana spa experience which was brilliant+luxurious.We would have liked another jacuzzi(in addition to the outdoor pool surrounds).We particularly enjoyed the Sauna Ritual as demonstrated by Kai....

1  Thank suepY1255RX
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This weekend we went to Center Parcs Woburn, and as they don’t offer one bed lodges, and there was just two us, we stayed in the hotel for the first time. I’ve got to say, I was very impressed! The hotel itself feels very central, it’s on the waterfront, within the same complex are two restaurants (Las Iguanas and Rajinda Prajesh), a Starbucks, the Parc Market, the Sports Cafe, the sports hall, the spa and various other activity rooms. Just outside is the lake. We hadn’t realised it was all connected so that was a nice bonus!
On arrival, you am drive down to the hotel, but we opted to walk (probably wish we hadn’t done that) - you cannot park at the hotel even tho there’s a large car park as that’s just for spa guests, it seemed a little unfair as it was empty most of the time!
The room is great, very thoughtfully laid out with the bed facing a large window which opens onto the balcony and therefore the view over the lake. I think all rooms have a lake view but not sure - check the map when booking. The bathroom area is a clever use of space! Mini fridge and tea and coffee making facilities in the room. The roomwas spotless. You don’t check in separately at the hotel as you get your key at the arrivals lodge.
There are apartments available, but we didn’t go for one as we generally eat out - we had breakfasts at cafe rouge and the Pancake House, and evening meals at Las Iguanas and Hucks. We were disappointed with Hucks, although the service was quick, the food wasn’t brilliant, my partner had ‘Texas toast’ and paid extra for tomato and herbs - it was about half a tomato chopped up and a small amount of herbs - not good value. She then had a burger which she felt seemed cheap. I had steak which was overcooked. We won’t be choosing Hucks again, but that’s ok - plenty of other places to eat! Everywhere else we ate was great! Particularly enjoyed Las Iguanas.
The park itself is small, and other reviews which say you don’t need bikes are totally accurate! Everything well within walking distance and actually, unlike other parks we’ve been too, walkers were in the majority and bike riders were a bit of a nuisance, particularly around the lake, where the pathway wasn’t quite wide enough! Watch out for speedy kids on scooters coming round corners! The site has hills, but nowhere near to the extend as Longleat, with the worst one being at the Outdoor Activity Center - this was probably a good 25 minute walk from the hotel reception and towards the end became quite steep (but for short lengths).
We did cross bow for the first time -probably not for us but fun if you like that sort of thing - we’ll stick to archery I think! The instructor was great though and very friendly.
We booked a badminton slot - sports hall is good.
We were a bit disappointed by the size of the pool - for two adults who wanted to swim there wasn’t really any space but for family groups with kids I’m sure it’s fine. I braved the rapids which was fun. Changing rooms were clean and there was always space - no soggy floors which is good!!
I don’t know if it was the timing of our trip (a January weekend) but there seemed to be lots of groups of adults, or couples and not so many children as the other parcs we’ve been to. For us that was a bonus!
Woburn is now firmly my favourite Center Parcs, and I would recommend it to all!

Room tip: Hotel is a good choice for couples
1  Thank alphabetsloop
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We’ve been to Center Parcs many times but this was our first stay at Woburn (we usually go Elveden).

Despite there only being 2 of us, we stayed in a 2 bed lodge as we like having the outdoor space rather than the hotel.

During our time we did Badmington, Yoga, Bowling, Aqua Sana, dinner at Las Iguanas and of course plenty of time at the pool.

I must add the spa is fantastic, and I’m yet to find one as good as this one, with 20 plus different rooms, pool, day beds etc. It’s the perfect to place to spend the day.

We enjoyed the large selection of restaurants and also the fact this Center Parcs has a number of different restaurants not at other Parcs such as Las Iguanas and Leon.

We liked that the pool had sunloungers outside because in September the weather was still warm and we could sit outside comfortably.

Personally we preferred Elveden as Woburn still feels quite new and the forest is still very open so it doesn’t have the same secluded feel. We also felt that despite there being plenty of activities for adults that the resort is more aimed at children and the pool in particular is predominately space for children. So if you’re a family I would definitely recommend but if you’re planning to go as a couple of group of adults I would suggest Elveden.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank emmamww
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have had family holidays as Center Parcs since I was a little girl. Even then Longleat was the favourite.
My opinion of Woburn is that it feels to clinical, the sports area and welcome area of the swimming pool is not cozy or inviting.

Although the swimming area has the same tropical atmosphere we love to much, I was disappointed there wasn’t a jacuzzi or outside swimming area apart from the rapids. I heard this may have been to do with planning and that there is talk of expansion, so I hope they will be able to improve it so the adults have a place to relax and not just the kids having fun down the new and improved slides and rides, something longleat CP could improve on.

Sports Center is dull and lifeless, this is where Longleat CP has it in the bag, warm, welcoming, colourful, tropical still and interesting, lots to see and do, levels and areas for everyone, you could quite happily walk around and have a cuppa tea and feel quite content and included even if you’re not participating in an activity, something Woburn seriously is lacking.

Children- the pool area at Woburn is fantastic, but I believe Longleat have also in recent years upgraded their children’s area, but I still stand by Longleat as being the best allrounder for every age.

Finally, and this is each to their own, but Centre Parcs means no cars and walks in the woods, I appreciate Woburn needs some years to grow in that department but Longleat has the lovely walks, the pool and sports center are quite a walk from each other but that I feel encourages wellbeing and getting fresh air, also value for money if you have hired a bike, as you actually have somewhere to cycle to and from.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Rchesney
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Another fab visit to AquaSauna and not just because of the great facilities but the customer service and experience of the staff there. Firstly Gini, so knowledgable about all the products, very professional as always doing the discovery session despite some of the rude and inconsiderate spa guests who thought it was OK to be extremely loud whilst this session is going on. Next Moria who works in the spa shop who did a great job standing in on the discovery session, once again very knowledgeable and always helpful when you pay a visit to the spa shop. It was lovely to see the gorgeous Diane back as spa hostess.
Bad point, guests really need to be reminded of spa etiquette loads of cackling and extremely loud voices. When on the water beds loads of conversations at full volume despite it being dark and saying Silence is golden and even though enough staff about not one of them said anything or asked them to keep it down. Guests should be reminded when they are given armbands and there should be more signage. I,m really not against people having a laugh but there is a time and place and a spa is very much for relaxing

1  Thank KTNZ9