Premier Inn Bedford (Priory Marina) Hotel
$88
$77
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Bedford(Bedford)(Great Value!)
$99
$93
Travelodge Bedford(Bedford)(Great Value!)
$49
Travelodge
The Knife & Cleaver(Houghton Conquest)
$115
$78
PremierInn.com
Woodland Manor Hotel(Clapham)(Great Value!)
$264
$247
Agoda.com
All reviewsbeefeater next doorcountry parkbeefeater restaurantbeefeater attachedroom was cleanusual standardquiet locationmeal dealno liftreception stafffamily roomcouple of nightscooked breakfaststayed for one nightfollowing morningcar parkthe ground floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2010

Although all Premier Inns are freakishly similar inside, this one's got a much nicer location than most I've been sent to on business, which made it stand out for me.

The hotel's next to a marina and the priory country park - quite pretty when I went there in the brilliant sunshine in June. The adjacent Beefeater pub was busy, but had a lot of outdoor tables that were near the water (although separated from it by trees) - it was nice to sit at for a short while but I didn't eat there so not too sure how good the place is.

The room and bathroom were very clean, well stocked with towels etc and there was both a bath and shower. I'm never really happy with the TVs in premier Inns and this wasnt an exception - an old 20 inch CRT tv with built in freeview and a dodgy remote. Still, the room was up to the usual high - though bland - Premier Inn standard.

This is a nice place. Seems to be fairly busy without being loud, in a nice serene location and not too far from the town centre. Definitely worth staying at for business in Bedford, and probably good enough for most families too.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2010

Stayed for two nights over a weekend with the family, including 2 babies and a 4yr old. The staff in the hotel were friendly and welcoming as were the staff in the adjoining beefeater restaurant and bar. Service was comparable if not better than most 4* hotels i have stayed in. The weather was lovely enabling us to enjoy a walk around the nearby lake. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, especially for the price.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Bedford (Priory Marina) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2010

We delighted that your stay with us met your expectations and you experienced the high level of service we endeavour to give our guests. Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay, your feedback is so important to us in our continued efforts to delivery the best service. We do look forward to welcoming your back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed March 28, 2010

I stay a lot at Premier Inns but this one is better than most. Friendly staff even though I arrived late after 11.00pm. Quiet top floor room with all usual fittings, clean and working. Breakfast was great with fresh berries and museli plus cooked english to order. Great for morning stroll before a business meeting in Bedford,

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Bedford (Priory Marina) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2010

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you had a comfortable stay with us, and that our hotel, and helpful team members met your expectations. It is great that you enjoyed our Premier Breakfast we believe that it is good value for money and really sets you up for the day. Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we look forward to welcoming back to Premier Inn in the future

Reviewed November 25, 2009

This Premier Inn seems to have had NO investment in YEARS. I travel alot, and stay in lots of Premier Inns, and this one is just not up to their usual standard. There is no freeview tv, and the rooms are now looking very worn and dated. A BIG warning: don't stay in the 'newer' section - especially the ground floor rooms. It has a serious drain problem and smells very damp and rotten. We now regrettably stay elsewhere when in Bedford, because of these issues. It is a shame, because it is in a superb location - in a country park with a lake next to it, paths all the way around - and the staff are brilliant. The Beefeater Pub next door has recently been remodeled and has good food and great staff. HOWEVER, Whitbread Group need to put some money into this Premier Inn and bring it back up to a decent standard.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Bedford (Priory Marina) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. At Premier Inn we endeavour to deliver the highest standards of service in all our establishments, and we do apologise that your stay did not meet your expectations. Your feedback regarding our hotel has been noted both at head office and with the management team at our hotel and will be duly followed up. Once again thank you for your review we do hope we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed February 13, 2009

The woman at the desk was as welcoming as a block of concrete and just as intelligble. She was just not able to enounciate any words in more than a mumble.
Room clean and fresh! Then came the power out at about 7pm. Not a dicky bird of concern, "not my fault" was the grumble. No concern or helpfulness. If I was running the hotel I would have given a guest a £5 voucher and said "have a drink on us at pub next door." I went for a walk and came back two hours later. As I re-entered, I said, "still not fixed then?" in a jocular way and the deadpan corpse behind the counter responded with, "not my fault and don't get aggressive with me!" As if. I decided to go to bed and get some sleep but I was stopped by the Manager who stood at my door and gave me a bollacking for complaining about the electricity!!!! I told him any complaint I had was about the lack of emergency lights and his bad attitude. What would I do in case of fire, escape by firelight!
I went to sleep or tried to. The noise of clicks and bangs, whirrings and whooses allowed some intermittant sleep.
In the morning the day staff were most sympathetic and very kind. They promise a full refund and I went for breakfast. They even apologised for the wi-fi not working in the morning, I could have got a bit of work done in the morning!
Moral of the story? Premier are probably quite good some times for certain people but they are stingy, no telephone, no emergency lights, no concern for their customers, no access to join the hotel and restaurent (I had to walk through the rain to get to it), no long term view to try to retain customers, just cheap cheap cheap. I suppose this is why there were a few workmen with drills etc checking in!
Look out Travel Lodge, here I come!
BTW The breakfast was great!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank BrigandChief