“great relaxation area”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Bedford (Priory Marina) Hotel
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed for one night but wished we could of stayed longer. Great room, great service from reception staff. Great meal deal with lovely food. The location is amazing with lots of walking routes in the priory country park on you doorstep. Will definately visit again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EMMA W
BedfordPI, Manager at Premier Inn Bedford (Priory Marina) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Premier Inn Bedford Priory Marina.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will return to us soon. I have passed on your feedback to the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Bedford (Priory Marina) Hotel

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've stayed in Premier Inns on business several times and always received a consistently good level of service. On leisure trips we would normally go for somewhere a bit more upscale, but attending a friends wedding in Bedford this weekend and missing out on rooms at the hotel itself, we decided to stay at this Premier Inn.

My wife was pleasantly surprised, getting a good nights sleep in a comfy bed, and there was plenty of space in the room for all the baby paraphernalia that accompanies any trip out of the house. My son had no complaints about his travel cot either. We had breakfast at the Beefeater next door; and this was pretty good too, with a good range of hot and cold food and drinks available.

I think what raised the venue above the norm was the fantastically friendly attitude of the staff. They are a credit to this already excellent chain; and it's not a surprise this location is so highly rated.

Room Tip: Bit of a trek to the higher numbered rooms but quiet enough surroundings that a ground floor room is...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mackanory

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will return to us soon. I have passed on your fantastic comments to the rest of the team.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife, 2 year old daughter and i have stayed in this hotel several times when visitibg family. It has always been very clean, well appointed with a fair amount of parking. Being set in thepriory marina gives it a really enviable location with great views and walks. The customer service has always been good, and staff gave my daughter free coloring materials without us asking. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: February 2013
BedfordPI, Manager at Premier Inn Bedford (Priory Marina) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear begaret,

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My Daughter and I stayed at this wonderful hotel. somehow I managed to leave the lights on my car on all night. In the morning in a panic I spoke to Jen the receptionist.
She said OK, take your daughter to the play area and I will organise for your car to be started.
Meanwhile she phoned her stepson who was arrived within a few minutes and he delivered some jumpleads.
Jen took charge of the situation and got my car statred in no time.
Jen made a possible disaster for me look like a simple kids party and it was done within minutes.
I cant say enough to say thanks to her.

Thanks Premier Inn for wonderful staff. Oh! the hotel was very good

Room Tip: Chill out and enjoy the experience
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Vasco B
BedfordPI, Manager at Premier Inn Bedford (Priory Marina) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Vasco B

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I arrived to a warm reception from the staff, at a typical style PremierInn.
The room as usual was fine and the shower hot.
The issue is when you are on the ground floor and someone walks on the floor above.
The floors creak and when the water is run the pipes cause other parts of the structure to creak and groan as well.
I was awoken when the occupant above returned to their room about eleven, which I could cope with. Unfortunately when they awoke at 6am and proceeded to move around the room, I just couldn't sleep through it.
Location is OK. Its a fair walk into Bedford and I wouldn't reccomend walking back along the river after dark.

Room Tip: Book a first floor room
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ManchesterGlen
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Bedford (Priory Marina) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed on business at this hotel the staff were really helpful the room was clean and of premier inns usual good standard. The hotel is at the side of a lovely lake and country park with a nice walk. In short a great hotel in nice surroundings.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank timuel2001
BedfordPI, Manager at Premier Inn Bedford (Priory Marina) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear timuel2001

Reviewed April 17, 2013

First visit to a Premier Inn and pleasantly surprised with the price and accommodation, unfortunately the Beefeater Restaurant was a total let down. Most of our party had the chargrilled chicken and found the portion size extremely small. The chips arrived in a small bowl on the plate, the chicken was a very small breast and the one mushroom was overcooked, the only reasonable size portion was a half a lettuce covered in salad dressing also served in a bowl on the plate. Once the bowls had been emptied onto the plate you were left with a large lump of lettuce and little else, certainly poor value for the money. Whilst not particularly busy, as we visited on a weekday, the service was abysmal, taking well over 2 hours for two courses for a party of 6. Breakfast in the restaurant was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear nick.c.c,

I am sorry that you did not have a positive experience in the restaurant next door. I meet with the Beefeater Manager weekly and have passed on your comments. As the Beefeater brand has since had a menu change, I hope any future experiences so may have will be positive.