“Perfect price and location for our needs”

Premier Inn Bedford (Priory Marina) Hotel
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Bedford
Scottish Borders
“Perfect price and location for our needs”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here as we were coming to the area for a family party. We had our two young children with us and the room was perfectly set up for us (double and two singles). The room was clean and tidy and the beds were comfortable. We got a very good price for our two night stay.

We used the beefeater next door for breakfast and it was more than ample and as a plus you don't pay for the kids.

The location was perfect for our needs, and if the weather had been better it would have been great to walk around the park.

Would definatly use this place again if we were travelling to the area.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank jacko1747
BedfordPI, Manager at Premier Inn Bedford (Priory Marina) Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear jacko1747 ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Premier Inn Bedford Priory Marina.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will return to us soon. I have passed on your feedback to the rest of the team.

Hotel Team Leader

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding we went to. Its located next to the marina and has a beefeater next door. The receptionist was friendly, the rooms were clean and tidy. Excellent value for money comapred to the other hotels nearby. Buffet breakfast was different to other premier inn hotels, you had to order your hot food and not help yourself like you normally do- but this was beefeater themselves.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BedfordPI, Manager at Premier Inn Bedford (Priory Marina) Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear jms000000,

Magor, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We arrived at the Premier Inn to a lovely receptionist who checked us in efficiently and was very friendly. The room was of usual Premier Inn standard, lovely and clean and very roomy. She booked us a table for that evening at the next door Beefeater, nothing was too much trouble.

The Beefeater was lovely inside and the staff very efficient. The food was served quickly and was piping hot. There is a great choice on the menu and the prices reasonable. We enjoyed it that much we booked a table again for the following night.

The breakfast was the usual standard and we opted for the continental which was yummy!

Overall a brilliant stay at the Priory Marina, will definitely stay here again when coming to visit my daughter and her partner.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear joolyspooly,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will return to us soon. I have passed on your feedback to the rest of the team both in the hotel and restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again when you next visit your family.

Brussels
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was the fourth time that we stayed in this Premier Inn and I have always been well satisfied. The staff at the reception are very friendly and extremely helpful. We arrived on Valentines day and hadn't booked in the restaurant by the river where we had thought of eating. The receptionist gave us the phone no. and it was booked she said the beefeater restaurant next to the hotel was booked until 20:45 but later managed to squeeze us in at 19:30 eating in the bar. The rooms are good and we ate breakfast three mornings and it was fine. The cooked breakfast was good and the buffet selection OK and anything that had run out was quickly replaced you just had to ask. (I think a previous reviewer is a bit too fussy)
This time we went for a walk in the country park and there is a great play area including a pulley rope slide for the children so it was ideal for our children 7 and 9.

The hotel is very functional but very comfortable and the staff are always exceptionally helpful. The price for the room including breakfast for two adults and two children is very reasonable especially when you think that a family room in a hotel half way along the Embankment in Bedford costs £100 a night. I am sure we will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
BedfordPI, Manager at Premier Inn Bedford (Priory Marina) Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear martynpaul,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will return to us soon. We love to share such positive reviews and I have passed on your feedback to the rest of the team both in the hotel and Premier Inn.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I had to make an overnight stop in Bedford at short notice and managed to ring Premier Inn via their national website to book a room. The whole process via their UK call centre was very pleasant and swift. Within 5 minutes I had somewhere to sleep.
This Premier Inn is next to Bedford Country Park, perfect for a beautiful walk or a run. It was snowing when I arrived so the scenery was stunning in the snow. There is a very spacious car park too.
The receptionist was a dream, she was very chatty and made me feel so welcome. She reassured me that I could stay in my room until my check-out time of 11am the next day, which was perfect as I had some work to do before I left.
I love Premier Inns because you know what to expect. The bathroom was immaculate and modern, and the bed was -as usual- very comfortable. Premier Inn have the best pillows and quilts, they always feel new, I love them. The hotel was very quiet at night so I had a great night's sleep. The cleaners were very friendly and polite too, greeting me with a cheerful "hello" and "good morning" the next day.
The Beefeater restaurant / pub next door is large with a small fireplace, family friendly and very pleasant, even for a female traveller on her own. I did not feel awkward eating on my own at all. The breakfast was impressive, so plentiful that I couldn't finish mine! And the waiters were friendly, prompt and very attentive.
One thing to bear in mind is that there is only half an hour of free wi-fi.
All in all I would highly recommend this modest, comfortable, friendly hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
BedfordPI, Manager at Premier Inn Bedford (Priory Marina) Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear LetTheSunShineAgain,

It certainly sounds like you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, and we love it when we recieve such positive feedback from our guests.

Preston, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We recently spent a couple of nights at the Priory Marina as we have several times before. The rooms are excellent, clean comfortable and a good night's sleep. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly.

We booked breakfast as we have in the past, but on this occassion the breakfast was poor, on the first morning the fresh fruit salad did not appear until after I had finished breakfast, and the bacon was so hard it was inedible. On the 2nd morning I complained to the manager and just got a shrug of the shoulders and was told he was not on duty the previous morning. On this occassion the bacon was certainly softer, but both mine and my husband's plate were swimming in grease.

I would like to add that the staff on reception on hearing this complaint refunded the cost of our breakfast which was greatly appreciated. It did however spoil our stay in what has previously been a very enjoyable time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pat D,

I have also passed your breakfast comments to the General Manager and Kitchen Manager of the Beefeater, so that if there is an issue with breakfast they can rectify this.

Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

I stay in Premier Inns quite a bit. I think the general standard and value for money is always consistently good but this stood out as a better one.
There's plenty of parking and a Beefeater next door. The service in the hotel and the Beefeater was speedy and second to none. Even the cleaners were helpful and polite!
My only gripe was that my room was next to the bottle banks and it scared me half to death when they emptied them in the morning. I'm wasn't that bothered though as there was no traffic noise at all which you normally get.

• Stayed February 2013
BedfordPI, Manager at Premier Inn Bedford (Priory Marina) Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear ,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will return to us soon. I have passed on your great feedback to the rest of the team both in the Beefeater and Premier Inn.

Following you comments, I will also speak to the manager of the Beefeater to ensure that the bottle bins are not emptied between 9pm and 9am.