“Meal in Wine glass restaurant”

The WineGlass Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The WineGlass Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #135 of 415 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Meal in Wine glass restaurant”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This was my 2nd visit to the Barns using Travel Zoo vouchers and it was lovely. The restaurant is nicely laid out, great choice of food and lovely waiting staff (Natasha, Jo K. & Richard). It was my birthday and they even bought me a piece of cake with a candle! Definitely a birthday to remember. Can't wait for my next visit in December.
The only criticism is the main bar; monster TV and no atmosphere, it really lets the place down.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Langford, United Kingdom
“Evening meal”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We booked dinner for early evening for 4th October. We were their first customers and were given a table by the window and enjoyed the view over the river. The service was friendly and helpful from the waiting staff Natasha, Richard and Hendrik. We liked the choices on the menu and there was also a 'specials menu'. The food we ordered did not disappoint. It was reasonably priced, attractive and very tasty. Three enjoyable courses. We would almost certainly revisit the Barns Hotel for a meal again.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Sunny Afternoon in October spent sitting by the river eating cakes is perfect to me. Excellent service again from a very helpful Ben, looking forward to seeing you again in five weeks. A wonderful hotel in a lovely location and again first class staff who are a credit to the hotel.

Sandy, United Kingdom
“An excellent lunch”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is the second time that I have been to the Barnes Hotel for lunch and on both occasions I had a great lunch. There is plenty of parking and the staff are very welcoming......nothing is too much trouble. A very nice setting and on my last visit we sat outside by the river which was lovely watching the boats pass by and the swans showing off their young ones.

There is a bar menu and a restaurant menu, both of which are interesting and value for money. In my opinion the best value for money is the £7.95 Salmon and Chardonnay lunch time special which is available Monday to Friday.

The wine was good quality served in nice glasses and there was a choice of smoked salmon with spaghetti and cream sauce which was lovely or salmon, new potatoes, salad and capers which was also very enjoyable.

My pet hate is paper napkins and packets of condiments........but neither can be found at the Barnes. Nice linen napkins and fresh condiments made the meal complete.

On my second visit the waitress was busy as she was on her own, but she still found time for a chat about the weather and checked that everything was OK. Service is timely and food arrived well presented.

Just off the Bedford bypass it is well located, but quiet and pretty. Well worth a visit.

3 Thank Sandyman53
cambridge uk
“lunch x two”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

super value lunch-will certainly return.many thanks to hostesses maria/natasha for making us feel very relaxed-regarding food quality both of us found it to a high standard,natasha even offering a small variation to my preferred choice.thank you.bj

4 Thank bjz42