“Tasty at the Tuns!”
Review of Three Tuns

Three Tuns
Ranked #64 of 414 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Three Tuns is a pretty little pub in the village of Biddenham, Bedford. THere is a varied menu and excellent specials on Friday and Saturday
Bedfordshire
“Tasty at the Tuns!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My friend and I fancied a change from usual venues, so thought we would try the Three Tuns at Biddenham. We are so glad we did.
Arriving to a very warm welcome we were shown to our table in the newly refurbished and comfortable dining room.
Menus arrived promptly and our drink orders taken. There is an extensive choice of deliciously tempting dishes. We went for the two courses for £15. I had the risotto and my friend had the steak.
Both were very tasty. Well presented, ok so not large portions, but perfectly cooked. The Chilean merlot was smooth and full bodied and the pinot grigio crisp and fruiy.
We both had the lemon/cucumber dessert. A very unusual combination, but it worked and was refreshing. This was followed by a cappuccino and an espresso. Both were lovely and strong. So often restaurant coffee is far too weak.
We could not fault the service. Prompt and discreet.
All in all a very pleasant meal in convivial surroundings. Not cheap (£50), but I would definitely go again and treating my husband next time :-)

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank happygirl043

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Be careful - very expensive”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and I are former residents of Bedford and on a recent visit decided to call in at the Pub which used to be our favourite venue for a lunch or evening drink. On entering the Pub we were surprised to note that the bar in the lounge had been removed and the only place to get a drink was the bar. We had a look at the menu for a snack and could only find the soup was suitable for our palate. However, after asking what the soup was we were told it is pea and broad bean! We thought that we would try it even though the charge for this was £5.50 each!!!! When it arrived at our table we were amazed to see that it was in a bowl with 1 piece of white bread cut in half with no butter. We were then asked if we woould like butter which we were given. We consider that the prices at this pub to be very high and not worth the items on the menu. We will reluctantly not be visiting this pub again.

• Visited May 2013
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Amazing food”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I moved to the village 2 years ago and found this pub and restaurant to be very welcoming I love it as I am Asian and the staff always make me feel I belong and do not treat me like an alien

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Dee L
Stockport
“What a find”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Drove through this village and popped into the pub for lunch.Behind is a fantastic restaurant.The food was outstanding and some of the finest I have eaten.Great range of ales complimented excellent service made the visit a real pleasure.I bet its packed at the weekends with quality like this.Book you will not regret it.

Visited March 2013
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Great Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Went here recently for Sunday lunch. The main bar area is now improved with the tables & seating etc. Started with a nice beer - Green King IPA. Perfectly served at the right temperature. We arrived early, but no problem as our table was ready. We had two Sunday roasts & vegi options for my wife (which included a risotto for her main). Probably, one of the best Sunday roasts (beef) I've had for sometime, really nice & my wife was also impressed. She is really fussy & hard to please. It was a very enjoyable & very relaxed sunday lunch. Desserts were also nice, maybe a bit odd combinations but seemed to work ok; but there were also a couple of standard easily recognisable desserts such as sticky toffee pudding. Overall, great Sunday lunch, relaxed & not rushed. Nice to add another good place to eat in what is an area lacking in many good pubs/restaurants. I also thought it was well priced.

• Visited April 2013