“I'm going back tomorrow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Que Huong Vietnamese Restaurant - CLOSED

Que Huong Vietnamese Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Chinese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Come and try the new taste of Bedford with traditional Vietnamese food, an affordable and healthy way of eating. Vietnamese food is commonly ranked among one of the world's most healthiest cuisines. Usage of many diverse vegetables and herbs coupled with fresh ingredients and seafood, creating dishes like the seafood hot pot, Vietnamese pancakes, fresh rice paper crystal rolls, a range of noodle soups and a variety of spicy seafood dishes in a Vietnamese style. Family run business. Authentic Vietnamese food. Absolutely tasty food and an experience not to be missed out. We have our menu throughout the day and also the lunch menu between 12pm-2pm. We have the facilities for discos, parties and karaoke. We also deliver within MK40, MK41, MK42.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“I'm going back tomorrow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Only discovered this place last night and decided to try it today. I've had the pleasure of knowing many Vietnamese friends who have cooked for me, as well as eating in some incredibly good Vietnamese restaurants around the world (sadly not in Vietnam, yet). In all honesty this isn't as good as the best but it was delicious and the service was lovely. This is Bedford and considering the other options this place is somewhere I would go to very often if I lived here. I had the crystal rolls, which were fresh, tasty and just plain good to eat. Then the Phnom Penh noodle soup. I'm a huge fan of pho, and this was a delicious variation of the standard beef version. Spicy and good with prawns, pork and egg. Definitely going back tomorrow before I leave this town.

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Nice food but better value at lunchtime”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We visited this restaurant twice in the last month and had a lovely meal both times. However, the excellent value of the lunchtime service is contrasted unfavourably with the more expensive Saturday evening service. I can't fault the food on either occasion (tasty noodle dishes and full of flavour) but the simple fact is that the lunch menu is exceptional value, while the evening menu is par fr the course. Will be returning but probably for lunch.

Dublin
“Nice food in Bedford”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

My friend and her partner live close to Bedford so we had a look on trip advisor and found Que Huong. From the outside it just looks like a take away. Don't let this put you off. It opens out into a nice space at the back. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had the pancakes to start, which were very tasty. For main course I had the chicken noodles, which were too salty for me. I tried my husbands dish, which was the chicken noodle broth. I will order that next time we're back :) The house white wine was very nice. Great value meal over all.

London, United Kingdom
“Exactly what Bedford needed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have visited Que Huong on many occasions and it is simply incredible. On arrival, you are greeted by friendly staff, and it is always pleasing to see that the restaurant is spacious, unlike others I have visited in the past. Drinks orders were taken, and I was given a chance to peruse the menu as at first I was quite new to Vietnamese food.

As a table, we ordered the ribs, spring rolls and the chicken wings for starters. All three tasted great, but the ribs really did steal the show. For the main, I tried the crackling pork, which turned out to be an excellent choice. All food came out fairly quickly, and was hot. It all tasted fresh, which is great. It should also be noted that the portion sizes are fantastic!

I have noticed they are doing some deals on weekdays for lunch and dinner, which sound incredible value, so will try and pop in again soon. I feel Bedford needed a new buzz in terms of food, and this place definitely provides it. Thanks Que Huong, see you again soon!

• Visited March 2013
“Makes a nice change from Chinese”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We selected Que Houng for our monthly girls meal out as an alternative to gastro pub or afternoon tea on the recommendation of a friend. We arrived at 8 and were surprised to see that it was empty. Nevertheless we were seated by a young waitress who seemed new but was polite. We ordered our drinks ( all soft as most were driving) and a jug of water. As only one of our party had experienced Vietnamese a very helpful young man advised us of his suggestions. We had the spring rolls (more like a pancake than Chinese ones) which was nice and some dumplings ( a tiny bit too fried for me as I like them quite soft). We followed with a vermicelli and mixed pork dish, steamed bass with ginger and spring onions, pak choi, boiled rice and hot and spicy (bit too hot for my preference) all of which was tasty and we all felt full but not uncomfortably so. We didn't have desert. It ws good value for money, the service was polite and not too quick (given we were alone). Tis place has been many things over the years from a pool hall, too Greek and taps restaurant - I think this is the best so far. Do try it. I would go again to ring the changes.