“Top quality - as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of New Bombay

New Bombay
Ranked #31 of 411 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Top quality - as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Just visited our usual curry haunt in Bedford and as always the service, food and atmosphere was excellent as always - cannot recommend this restaurant enough.
We have often visited many curry restaurants in Bedford with friends and family but we always come back to the New Bombay as there is really no comparison.
If it is not on the menu and there is something you fancy ask as nothing is too much trouble - thanks to Naz and the team.

• Visited March 2014

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Sensory disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

The seat in the restaurant is still warm from my presence, but I've just got home and feel compelled to share my experience. I feel so disappointed and enraged by my dining experience this evening. It was so anti-climatic. The starters were aesthetically pleasing, but that was it. The onion bhaji in the mixed grill was bland, the chicken tikka was rubbery. The saag paneer was horrible. I do not purport to be a good cook, but I can honestly rustle up something ten times tastier at home. The chicken jalfrezi was unappetising slop. The Bombay special was a mixture of chicken and lamb, both meats tasted nothing like they should. The lamb was tough and a chore to chew. There was no seasoning. The dish showed no evidence of culinary finesse. I really believe that a) it was the chef's first day on the job or b) he/she didn't have their spice dabba on hand today. I could honestly not taste any of the array of exotic Indian spices that normally dance on my tongue when enjoying Indian food. Where was the taste of cumin? Turmeric? Garam
Masala? The best thing about my dining experience was the ice cold coke, unequivocally. I have eaten in countless Indian restaurants all over the country....Birmingham, Manchester, Nottingham, Sheffield...yadda,yadda. But never have I eaten food so uninspiring. Bog standard beans on toast has more taste sensations than the dishes served to us tonight.

Also, my feelings of disappointment are echoed by my fellow 3 diners. Now I understand why we were able to get a table at such short notice. I honestly would have found a takeaway pizza more satisfying and tastier. Hi-ho, you live and you learn. Never again will I waste my hard earned pounds at New Bombay #epicfail.

4 Thank Shams84
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Great Curry!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

This was not our first visit. Staff are very helpful and attentive. Food excellent and reasonably priced. Was busy when we arrived without a booking but room was made available and no waiting. A very good experience of authentic Indian food.

• Visited January 2014
Wootton, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Just to report that having sampled other local restaurants this is still the best by a long way. Food is delicious, service is friendly and welcoming and the extension to the front of the restaurant enhances the warm atmosphere.

• Visited November 2013
long sutton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spice delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

As very discerning curry lovers. We googled restaurants in Bedford. This came top and we know why. The prawn special was a delight with the freshest ingredients. Then we had a chicken chilli mossalla dish that was mouthwatering. To top it all the staff were so nice. This is my first ever review as I not a nerd just really impressed.