“Excellent gelato”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Restaurant/Cafe/Ice-Cream Parlour
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I haven't been for a meal yet, but the ice cream was excellent, creamy yet light like good authentic Italian gelato should be. Great asset to the riverside scene.

There are newer reviews for Spaghetti John's

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Spaghetti John's has been recommended to me in the past and I am ashamed to say that it is only recently that I have gotten around to making a visit. The pasta with the clams was a delicious dish, the service was prompt and polite at all times with a really great solo artist performing music as a bonus.

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Only my second time to this place, and i ordered exactly the same dish as my previous visit.y boyfriend also ordered the same. It was one of the best pasta dishes I have ever had, we both thoroughly enjoyed it! Can't wait to go back and have it again!

1  Thank Ericpercy
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I will keep this short as it does not need to be explained in depth.

Went with group of 12 friends. Took half hour to get attention to order. Food came... My lasagne was still frozen inside! When I asked a member of staff, they didn't even apologise just proceeded to tell me how only one in 3 dishes that get sent out of the kitchen get heat checked?!?!
They said they would give me a cooked one. 30 minutes later it arrived when ALL of my friends had finished their meal. I just sent it back and went totally hungry!
Utter Disaster and not one apology!
Never again.

2  Thank Klara H
GP1982, Manager at Spaghetti John's, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for the review.
We speak to our waiters and waitresses on a daily basis. I was not made aware of any complaint from a large group/table.
The comment about only checking 1 in every 3 plates isn't something we would have said as it not our practice (we check all our plates).
Also the lasagne is not frozen as we make fresh lasagne on regular basis and its kept in the chiller.
Please can you confirm what day you visited and the name of the reservation as perhaps your review is for another restaurant.

Regards

SJ's

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We visited this restaurant whilst staying in Bedford. it was within walking distance of the hotel. The welcome was friendly and the menu extensive! The food was quality but at realistic prices.The service was exceptional, we went back on the last evening of our stay as we had been so impressed. The Sweets were "to die for" and the staff were very proud of their restaurant and the variety of dishes available, and rightly so. We will definitely be returning on our next visit. We have recommended it to friends who live locally.

1  Thank Retrotraveller25