“Lovely Pasta, wine and gelato”
Review of Spaghetti John's

Spaghetti John's
Reserve with OpenTable
Spaghetti John's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 418 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Restaurant/Cafe/Ice-Cream Parlour
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Lovely Pasta, wine and gelato”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner of fresh pasta with seafood at Spaghetti Jon's. The waiter was polite and kept our wine topped up and explained the food choices and then the gelato options. You could tell the pasta was freshly prepared with each mouthful. This is a nicely presented restaurant and though not cheap certainly not prohibitively expensive. We did wonder why it wasn't busier even on Friday night. There wasn't much of an atmosphere and we felt we couldn't chat freely as we could hear everything that was being said 2 tables away and didn't want to be heard ourselves. This aside the restaurant is worth another visit.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Coplanh

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Better than expected!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We visited with the family as a last minute decision. The restaurant is light and airy and the waiting staff are attentive without being obtrusive.
The menu isn't cheap but it offers better quality than most chains so is worth what you pay. They have a reasonable selection of pasta and traditional Italian dishes. You can save money if 3 of you want the same pasta dish by ordering a large bowl. I don't know whether this gives you as a sufficient portion as the five of us all ordered differently. My daughter and I had the veal though I didn't get to try it as my son who ordered the chicken dish changed his mind because it came with red wine risotto. If only he had read the menu!! Anyway I enjoyed the dish but the risotto was a a tad overdone.
I did manage to snag a taste of the veal which was delicious but my son complained there wasn't enough (he's 19 and a bottomless pit!). My younger son had spag bol and was very happy. My husband had the lamb rack which was cooked to perfection.
We all had various starters - the frittura di mare was disappointing but the arancini ripieni were delicious. They have a decent wine list and much to my youngest son's delight they have a great range of gelato.
Definitely worth a visit and I am sure we will return very soon

“Amazing atmosphere!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

What an amazing restaurant I just found. Being a food lover and appreciating good quality service I could not get better in Bedford. I loved the atmosphere, the staff always ready to please and satisfy our needs and the freshly made pasta is from another world. I'll be back as many times as possible! One suggestion: don't ask cocktails from the menu, ask directly to the bartender! You'll be amazed!

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Disappointing night”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

First visit to this restaurant, we booked evening for two on saturday 12th October 2013 we were kept waiting in a dirty area which had used wine glasses, half eaten food strewn on a table, this was very off putting. We were shown to our table, eventually we were offered drinks and our order was taken. I chose gnocchi my husband chose tagliatelle with sea bass, both dishes looked good, my one was delicious but my husbands was full of bones and the tagliatelle was rubbery with no flavour, throughout our meal no one asked us if we were happy until we asked for the bill, then they noticed the tagliatelle was not eaten we made a point of telling the waiter who said we should have said something earlier and no discount was offered

• Visited October 2013
5 Thank Dee L
GP1982, Manager at Spaghetti John's, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience.
If you could provide me with the name you booked with so i can check, please?

All members of staff are trained to check main meals, to ensure the customer is happy.
“Not as good as expected. Steak poor, pasta ok”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Sunday lunch with a 2 mates, 2 of us had T-bone steaks which were thin and grisly the other had a pasta dish. Think we made a mistake ordering the steaks as they weren't cheap but defo not worth it. The pasta plate looked good and was told tasted good but was a small serving. Service was good and prompt and it was not very busy. Johns restaurant looks good but it is quite expensive the quality of food over all doesn't justify this. .

4 Thank Giomann