“A great Thai experience”
Review of The Elephant

The Elephant
Ranked #77 of 415 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bedford, United Kingdom
“A great Thai experience”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The decor is fantastic, the service friendly and the food is great. I felt that we really got value for money and had an amazing night. It is also nice that it is only across the street from Kempston park, as it was nice to have a stroll afterwards.

Visited July 2013
5 Thank Amie V

London, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Despite this being on my doorstep i had yet to sample it's cuisine. I was delighted to find nice, modern surroundings and excellent attentive service. I was served by Anne who was more than happy to have a conversation about the delights of her home country, Thailand.
She advised what dishes would be suitable and it was served quickly and authentically like it is served in the far east, in straw container things (i hope that makes sense).
The food was delicious and all the ingredients were fresh. There are slightly cheaper choices in Bedford, but not by enough to worth worrying about.
I'll be back for sure.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank JohnLG33
Bedford England
“Not as expected”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Having seen reviews and reports re how good this Restaurant is we just had to try it. First impressions were good, and looking at the food on adjacent tables I was really looking forward to trying it.
I'm sorry to say that the food was very average compared to other Restaurants and the service left a lot to be desired. I don't like to be rushed between courses but we were left for a long time and not even asked if we would like another drink. Eventually we were given hot plates for the main course but again had to wait such a long time the plates went cold and had to be replaced.
The Restaurant itself lacks any atmosphere or ambience and is more like a canteen than a Restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
“Great Thai food”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I have had a takeaway from here and have eaten in a few times. The food is always excellent! There are not many places in Bedford which serve Thai food, especially with the option of Chinese food too.

The good is possibly a little more expensive that other Chinese/Thai restaurants in the Bedford area, but it is well worth the extra pennies!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Nikbev12
Bedford, England, United Kingdom
“5/5 star Thai dining!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My partner and I decided to check out the Thai restaurant in Kempston at the weekend. Wow! The food was fantastic, surpassing all of our expectations. We brought my bother in law, who is a chef, with us and he agreed with our verdict. Service was decent and surrounding very nice. Overall, if you like Thai food this place is definitely recommended

• Visited July 2013