“Bedford trips”
Review of The Barns Hotel

The Barns Hotel
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Lovely hotel really helpful staff Maria particularly at breakfast knows exactly my needs. I have been coming here monthly since January and will continue to do so as I have found everyone really helpful and pleasant with nothing too much trouble.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GMBedford, General Manager at The Barns Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Yvonne,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review
I was very pleased to hear that you enjoy staying with us and that our staff are always helpful and pleasant.
We are very proud of all our staff and I have passed on all your lovely feedback to my team.
Im sure we will see you here at The Barns again soon.

There are newer reviews for The Barns Hotel

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We used this hotel as a family base for our daughter's wedding in Bedford, and the night before the wedding also had a large family meal in a private room. The staff at the hotel could not have been more helpful, making my daughter feel exceptionally comfortable and relaxed before her big day. We were allocated a three room private suite for two nights, which was perfect for our requirements. The food at the Barns Hotel is extremely good - as good as you will find anywhere in Bedford (which is not the culinary capital of the UK!). Our family dinner was very successful; the events team were very helpful and reception made sure that the steady procession of florists, best man, ushers, hairdressers and make up artists all got to the right place.

Finally, of course, I had the very great pleasure of escorting my daughter from the hotel reception to her vintage Ross Royce and on to her wedding, something I will never forget.

We would have had no hesitation in hiring their tihe barn for the wedding reception but unfortunately we needed a larger venue as we exceeeded the number it could cater for.

In summary - extremely good, very helpful, great food and service, and exceptionally friendly. You won't find a better hotel in Bedford (we know, we lived there for several years).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear J0nah

Thank you so much for leaving us such a glowing review, I was absolutely thrilled to read your comments about your recent stay. We are so pleased that your daughter had a relaxing time before her big day and that everything went so well for you all.
I have passed on all your lovely feedback to my team.
I hope to welcome you back to The Barns Hotel again soon,

Reviewed April 20, 2013

After sitting at our table for 1hr 40mins and pointing this out we were told they thought our order had gone out so much for the observation of the table staff.then even after our starters arrived we had to remind them yet again about the main meals only to find only five were brought to the table instead of six once again this was pointed out yet no reponse do you know how to run a restaurant its called service.Hence we left and got better service at the Marina restaurant please send your staff to this establisment to see how it should be done its not rocket science just common sense.If you say your a 4 star restaurant act like one

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank jivebunnies54
GMBedford, General Manager at The Barns Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear jivebunnies54

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review, however I was most disappointed to read some of your negative comments.
I would like to start by offering my most sincere apologies in regards to the issues with the standard of service you received with your meal. Unfortunately on this occasion we have fallen short of the high standards we set ourselves. I do hope that soon you will give us another chance so we can prove this is most definitely not our usual standard.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Yesterday we held our Daughter's Wedding at The Barns Hotel.We arrived the day before and had a great meal with some close friends whilst my Daughter hosted another table for her bridesmaids and cousins and at both tables we had excellent food at very reasonable prices.
The Wedding and reception were both held in the fantastic and original medieval barn which is such a good location for the great day although you are limited to 80-90 guests.
The Wedding itself was fantastic and the staff were excellent, being attentive throughout the day, and I can certainly recommend this venue.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear MJTring,

I was thrilled to read your comments about your recent stay with us and I am so pleased you felt compelled to write a review.
It is so nice to hear that you had a wonderful time at your daughter’s wedding.
I have passed on all your lovely feedback to my team.
I hope to welcome you back to The Barns Hotel again in the future,

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Our second visit to the restaurant, Maria remember us from our last meal there, she is very friendly and efficient, the same goes for Natasha. They both made our visit that extra special. The food was top class, the same goes for ambiance to the restaurant.

Room Tip: Only had a meal, but not the last!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Richard B
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. I was delighted to read all your comments.
The chef and all the kitchen staff were delighted that you enjoyed your dinner with us.

I do hope to welcome you back to The Barns Hotel soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This seems to be the hotel of choice for my company. Standard rooms are adequate, but on a couple of my visits I've found the heating to be very dependant on where in the hotel you are.
Very friendy staff, great breakfasts, but I'm a little dissappointed by the restaurant and prefer to either eat in the bar or go our to the varied eateries around the Bedford area.
Internet is woefully slow, but enough to check emails, etc.
Excellent view over the river though.

Room Tip: Pay the £15 for the premium room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear DougS

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review

I was please to hear that you enjoyed our Cocktail bar menu and that our staff were a pleasure.

I do hope to welcome you back to The Barns Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Service with a smile on arrival. Room was clean although I wish I hadn't pulled back the curtains and seen the very mouldy window frames!! Headed to the restaurant, seated with a smile, then left for over 15 mins before a menu was given to me or a drink ordered. Food was okay, but I think a little over priced. I had a conference room booked for the following day and was surprised how shoddy this was, and having paid for the room to use for interviews from 9.30 to 4pm, they would not provide a kettle, as they do in the rooms, with coffee and tea!!! I only needed 4 sachets of coffee and a couple of tea bags, after all I had paid a premium for the room!! Disappointed at the conference room sorry and won't return on this basis.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr & Mrs H

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, however I was most disappointed on reading some of your negative comments.

I would like to start by offering my sincere apologies in regards to the issues with the standard of room you received. Unfortunately on this occasion we fell short of the high standards we set ourselves.
Although we cannot provide kettles in our conference rooms, we do however provide flasks of tea and coffee on request
I hope that soon you will give us another chance so we can prove this is most definitely not our usual standard.

Caroline Trichet

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Bedford Swan Hotel
Park Inn by Radisson Bedford
Woodland Manor Hotel
Woodland Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Clapham

Been to The Barns Hotel? Share your experiences!