“My Daughter's Wedding”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Bedford
Tring, United Kingdom
“My Daughter's Wedding”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Yesterday we held our Daughter's Wedding at The Barns Hotel.We arrived the day before and had a great meal with some close friends whilst my Daughter hosted another table for her bridesmaids and cousins and at both tables we had excellent food at very reasonable prices.
The Wedding and reception were both held in the fantastic and original medieval barn which is such a good location for the great day although you are limited to 80-90 guests.
The Wedding itself was fantastic and the staff were excellent, being attentive throughout the day, and I can certainly recommend this venue.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
GMBedford, General Manager at The Barns Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear MJTring,

I was thrilled to read your comments about your recent stay with us and I am so pleased you felt compelled to write a review.
It is so nice to hear that you had a wonderful time at your daughter’s wedding.
I have passed on all your lovely feedback to my team.
I hope to welcome you back to The Barns Hotel again in the future,

Caroline Trichet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Greek first
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Our second visit to the restaurant, Maria remember us from our last meal there, she is very friendly and efficient, the same goes for Natasha. They both made our visit that extra special. The food was top class, the same goes for ambiance to the restaurant.

Room Tip: Only had a meal, but not the last!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GMBedford, General Manager at The Barns Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Richard B
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. I was delighted to read all your comments.
The chef and all the kitchen staff were delighted that you enjoyed your dinner with us.
We are very proud of all our staff and I have passed on all your lovely feedback to my team.

I do hope to welcome you back to The Barns Hotel soon.

Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This seems to be the hotel of choice for my company. Standard rooms are adequate, but on a couple of my visits I've found the heating to be very dependant on where in the hotel you are.
Very friendy staff, great breakfasts, but I'm a little dissappointed by the restaurant and prefer to either eat in the bar or go our to the varied eateries around the Bedford area.
Internet is woefully slow, but enough to check emails, etc.
Excellent view over the river though.

Room Tip: Pay the £15 for the premium room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear DougS

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review

I was please to hear that you enjoyed our Cocktail bar menu and that our staff were a pleasure.

I do hope to welcome you back to The Barns Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Service with a smile on arrival. Room was clean although I wish I hadn't pulled back the curtains and seen the very mouldy window frames!! Headed to the restaurant, seated with a smile, then left for over 15 mins before a menu was given to me or a drink ordered. Food was okay, but I think a little over priced. I had a conference room booked for the following day and was surprised how shoddy this was, and having paid for the room to use for interviews from 9.30 to 4pm, they would not provide a kettle, as they do in the rooms, with coffee and tea!!! I only needed 4 sachets of coffee and a couple of tea bags, after all I had paid a premium for the room!! Disappointed at the conference room sorry and won't return on this basis.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr & Mrs H

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, however I was most disappointed on reading some of your negative comments.

Although we cannot provide kettles in our conference rooms, we do however provide flasks of tea and coffee on request

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed two nights at the Barns, shame about the weather, but it has a lovely location on the banks of the Ouse and nice grounds too. There was a wedding party the evening we arrived, but we heard no noise from them when in the main building which was generally very quiet. Our room was nicely done out with plenty of storage space and a big comfy bed; the bathroom could have used a little TLC in places - though everything worked fine. Breakfast was OK but uninspiring, but we had a really very nice evening meal with an interesting menu, good food and good portions. All the staff were friendly, helpful and seemed well organised - they all knew we had an upgrade and complimentary meal without our having to remind anyone - so well done. A very pleasant stay, looks great for a sunny wedding location. We expect to return to the Barns.

Room Tip: Ask for one in the main building with a river view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GMBedford, General Manager at The Barns Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Paul

I was delighted to read your comments about your recent stay with us and I am so pleased you felt compelled to write a review.
It is so nice to hear that you had a wonderful evening meal and stay here, I have passed on all your lovely feedback to my team.
I’m sure we will see you at The Barns Hotel again in the future,

Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We wanted somewhere at fairly short notice for afternoon tea for the family to celebrate our Ruby wedding anniversary. Although the hotel had two weddings booked for that day we were offered a private room and use of part of the grounds so that the children could go outside. Susan, the events manager, was most helpful in planning the menu and fitting around what we wanted.
On the day we were given staff dedicated to our needs but also had help from other staff with technical difficulties using the computer screen. Given how busy they were the service offered was excellent and we all enjoyed the afternoon, with plenty of food and drink.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Copleannie
GMBedford, General Manager at The Barns Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Copleannie,

I was absolutely delighted when reading your comments. Thank you for choosing to hold your Ruby Wedding anniversary with us. I am so pleased you felt compelled to write a review about your experience. It was so lovely to hear that everything went perfectly.
I have passed on all your lovely feedback to all the staff.
I look forward to seeing you at The Barns Hotel again soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

A beautiful hotel but let down by the bedroom which was no more than an average travel lodge room with an extremely hard based bed with a thin mattress. The nets were dirty with a dead spider caught in them. The bathroom was clean and functional. I have to say that my initial impression was not good. I had expected so much more given the 4 star rating and the pictures on The Barns website.

I felt the restaurant menu was over priced and offered little choice and therefore chose not to utilise this option instead opting for a slightly more reasonably priced bar meal which was very good. The cost of drinks at the bar was very expensive.

What made the weekend were the staff, especially Danielle and Simon who were extremely attentive, helpful and fun whilst remaining professional at all times. It was a pleasure to be served by these two staff who are a major asset to The Barns.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear DebiW9,

I would like to start by offering my sincere apologies in regards to the issues with the standard of room you received. Unfortunately on this occasion we fell short of the high standards we set ourselves. I hope that soon you will give us another chance so we can prove this is most definitely not our usual standard.

I do hope to welcome you back to The Barns Hotel again in the future.