“Great experience”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Bedford
Vila Franca de Xira, Lisboa, Portugal
“Great experience”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

It was my first time at Barns Hotel, I really enjoy it, the scenario and landscape around is great with a lot of birds and nature. The room was quite nice, very spacy and confortable. The satff were very helpfull and friendly, and I liked a lot the breakfeast dynamic (you can order what you want from the menu) and Marta and Maria were really nice. It was a great experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMBedford, General Manager at The Barns Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Joana A

Thank you so much for leaving us such a lovely review. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and I have passed all your nice comments on to all of the staff.
I hope to see you at The Barns Hotel in the future.

Caroline Trichet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Greek first
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We got a deal offer on this hotel.we had a one night stay with breakfast and evening meal included in our deal,a very warm welcoming small hotel.Lovely room.very clean with good views from our window,Restaurant was gorgeous although a little cool.food excellent.Would recommend this hotel 100%.

Room Tip: All areas of the hotel up to high standards.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul D

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Barns Hotel, I am so pleased you felt compelled to write a review about your experience with us.
I have passed on all your lovely feedback to my team.
I hope to welcome you back to The Barns Hotel again in the future.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We live a little over an hour away and we came to this hotel via a great online deal. The hotel was very cute and very quiet. The breakfast was pretty darn good, but choosing the buffet doesn't give you many choices. The deal we received came with a full english breakfast and that was very good. A little bit out of Bedford, but it is an easy short drive into the nice little town. The parks around are amazing, especially for dogs (but the hotel does not allow them).

Room Tip: Would have rather been river side. Maybe ask for one of those!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear cmk0820

Thank you so much for leaving us such a lovely review. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and i have passed all your comments on to our Kitchen team. I am also glad that you took the opportunity to explore the area.
I am sorry that you thought that we do not allow dogs; we have 2 dog friendly rooms with easy access to the outside.
I hope to see you again soon and that next time your dog will get to explore the parks too

Norwich
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I get booked into The Barns Hotel once a month when I visit the office so I have stayed there several times. Some visits I have enjoyed. Some visits I have thought "I'm not staying there again." The hotel polarises me each time. Very much a love/hate relationship.

The restaurant is terrible for dinner. If you want to enjoy your stay, don't eat there. The food is edible, and sometimes OK, but it is far too expensive for the quality and quantity you get. You WILL be disappointed even on a good day. Breakfast is good. The conference buffets are very good.

The quality of your stay very much depends on which staff you deal with. There are a handful of miserable staff who can easily ruin your day. Then there are staff who are always a delight and go above and beyond to ensure your comfort. In the restaurant Maeta, Maria, and Jo are gems. They always greet you with a smile and make sure you are taken care of.

There are two bars - but usually there is only one open at a time. The drinks are expensive (£2.50 for a coke), warm, and stale. However, when Simon is working it doesn't matter. His prompt courteous service makes up for any shortfalls elsewhere. He is the best employee at the hotel, by far.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. Get a room upstairs because the jerk who takes the bins out will wake the dead in the middle of the night. Also, if there is a private function running late in the conference rooms they will keep you awake.

The WiFi is terribly slow and down all the time - but it is free. Mobile phone coverage is spotty. The TV is basic Freeview - which is more than most hotels.

My stay this time was a good one. Flip a coin and you will see how yours will be.

Room Tip: Get a room upstairs.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear iJames,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, however I was most disappointed on reading some of your negative comments.
I am sorry that you have been woken up before by the bins, but please rest assured that your comments will be used for retraining purposes.

We strive to make all of your stays good stays, I am sorry that occasionally you feel that we have fallen below the high standard that we set our selves.

However I was absolutely delighted to read your lovely feedback about Simon.

I hope that you will give us another chance so we can make all your stays as good as your last visit.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Friendly staff, good value deal with Bed and Breakfast, chocolates and prosecco for £99 a night.

Handy to stay if heading to Woburn Safari Park and a large tesco just down the road.
.......................................………

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Sim29

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It was nice to hear that you took advantage of one of our special offers.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed at the Barns Hotel during January for the weekend and attended a wedding there.

We stayed as a family with young children and the hotel was faultless . Our room was perfect and had everything in it we could possibly need and was spotlessly clean.

The team at the hotel are a credit and without exception all the staff are very pleasant and attentive and keen to make the guests comfortable and happy.

Breakfast on both mornings was excellent and the children being offered hot chocolate without having to ask was a nice touch.

The wedding itself was perfect with great food and a stunning location (Tythe Barn)

As we have family close to the hotel we will defintley be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jackfy
Dear Jackfy

I was delighted to read all your lovely comments. Thank you for writing such a wonderful review.
Our wedding co-ordinator was very pleased you thought that the whole day was perfect. I have passed on all your comments to the whole team.
I am sure we will see you again in the future

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have just stayed two nights at The Barns Hotel and really enjoyed our stay. We were in Room 50, which only had one other room on one side and was away from the main reception. This was amazing as I'm a really light sleeper, but that was not an issue here - so rare to find a quiet hotel!

The bed was really comfy, there was free wifi in our room, we enjoyed an amazing breakfast both mornings and a meal Saturday night (amazing lemon/lime desert!) and the staff were all super friendly. It is hard to fault this hotel at all and we would happily return again.

The reason we have rated it 4 and not 5 is just down to a few small details with our room and the wine which we felt was very pricey. Overall a great base from which to explore Bedford.

Room Tip: Room 50 was quiet but a long walk from reception if you have mobility issues
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HealthAngel
Dear HealthAngel

I am so pleased you felt compelled to write a review about your experience with us. Thank you for all your nice feedback. I have passed on your comments about our amazing desserts to the chef.
I hope to see you at The Barns Hotel in the future,

Caroline Trichet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Bedford Swan Hotel
Wyboston Lakes Hotel
Wyboston Lakes Hotel
#1 of 2 in Wyboston
Pilgrims Progress JD Wetherspoon Hotel

Been to The Barns Hotel? Share your experiences!