“Thin walls, noisy”

Park Inn by Radisson Bedford
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Walls are too thin. I could here the every time someone in the room next door went to the bathroom. Room is tiny and next to the lift. I would have preferred to stay in a Travelodge or Premier Inn saved my self some money. It was nice, tidy, clean and attractive.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Dear Abbas A,
Thank you for your valuable comments with regards to recent stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Bedford.
Your comments are of value and I apologise with regards to the walls, We do have a number of rooms within the hotel that are of different side and layout, which ensure that there is little disturbance from the adjoining rooms.
Once gain thank you for your comments and I personally apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you wish to return to the hotel please contact me directly and I will ensure that you are allocated one of these rooms.
With regards

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I was very impressed with my first experience of Park Inn by Radisson in Bedord.

The hotel is very central and only a few minutes walk from the town centre. It was also very convenient for the event I came to work at Bedfordshire University.

The rooms are clean, comfortable, if a little cramped but the room sizes are not bad at all.

The internet is free for basic 512K and has a payable upgrade for those requiring to do business video conferencing etc. I think this is a good way to do it but the wifi regularly stalls and requires you to clear your history/cookies to get it going again.

Breakfast was very good for just £10 per person per day. The cooked options were very well cooked and there was fresh fruit, meat and cheese, yoghurts and pastries. Great selection!

Finally, the staff were courteous and professional and resolved an error in my bill quickly and with no fuss. Special mention to the night concierge on arrival at 1.30am (flight was delayed) and to Janne.

My only negative comment is the bedroom doors slam if not closed quietly by guests. The room next door to me slammed the door regularly. Any chance of a softer closer setting on the doors? This would have been a 5 rating if this was already in place.

For every hotel I've reviewed negatively before. This is how it's done folks! This is not an expensive hotel, but it's a good one!

Dear Colin M,
Thank you for your taking the time to write your comments with regards to your recent stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Bedford.
Your comments are of value for both myself and the team. The location is ideal if you are looking for a town centre hotel and at the same time the hotel is within easy access to the main station and the road links. Your comments with regards to the wifi I take on board and this is an area we are looking / working on at present. The free wifi will be available for all our guests and we are looking to increase the network points. Your comment with regards to the staff I have passed on and I thank you these.
Your comments about the doors we have taken on board and will look into this over the coming weeks. Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
With regards

Reviewed June 13, 2014

I rate this hotel for business. Great location in central Bedford. The staff very welcoming and professional. Accommodation is modern, clean and well maintained. Its the sort of mid range standard I would expect from the Radisson chain. Guests should not be disappointed if they are aiming for the upper side of 3 star accommodation and if you really don't want a budget hotel. This hotel is "good enough"

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Michael H,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent business trip to the Park Inn by Radisson Bedford.
Both the Team and myself would like to thank you for your valuable feedback and please be assured that we have pass on all your comments to each department.
Once again your comments are of value and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

wkend break for our anniversary purchased thru ebay, we had the evening meal at the hotel 2 courses for free even tho they give u an ebay menu its the same as on main menu and very good, the service was excellent as at the time they hosing the policemans ball, very busy! the room was very big and clean, breakfast could have been little warmer but overall excellent relaxed wkend for us.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear DeanR,
Thank you for your comments with regards to your weekend stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Bedford.
Your feedback is valuable and we are delighted to read that you enjoyed your dinner, service and the size and cleanliness of your room. I have taken on board your comments with regards to breakfast and have passed on your comments to our head chef.
Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to you visiting the hotel again.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past couple of years and the wifi rarely works despite me reporting this problem on every occasion! If this is important to you stay elsewhere. A pretty basic hotel but with nice river views.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Staffs18,
Thank you for taking the valuable time to write your comment with regards to the wifi within the hotel.
I was sorry to read your comments and your personal feedback that you feel that we our Free wifi we offer is of poor quality. I do agree that this is an important part of travel and your feedback we do take on board. We need to undertake a number of actions and we have completed the signal strength within the hotel to ensure that key areas such has the bedrooms, meeting rooms and lounge area are all covered by our free and premium wifi, We are also in talks with of internet provider to also look at ways to increase this service and coverage.
I thank you for your valuable comments and if you do decide to return to the hotel please contact me directly.
Regards

Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband and I were married at The Park Inn, Bedford on 30th May. I stayed at the hotel with my 9 year old daughter the night before, and enjoyed a complimentary room the night of my wedding.

The rooms I stayed in were both comfortable, clean and spacious. If I'm being picky then I would say that there is too much traffic noise from outside - but this is a city centre hotel, so is to be expected.

Our wedding was really wonderful, and the staff bent over backwards to be accommodating towards us with everything we wanted. The wedding breakfast was really tasty, with generous portions and good presentation. The evening buffet was also very good. The bar is what you would expect for a hotel in a city centre - a bit on the pricey side but absolutely adequate.

One area that could be improved upon is the hotel's provision for their younger guests - the restaurant has no childrens menu (although a childs menu was provided as part of the wedding breakfast) and they only have one family room, quite surprising for a hotel of this size.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
PI_Bedford, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Dear shouldgetoutmore1977,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay and your wedding at the Park Inn by Radisson Bedford.
I was with the team pleased to read your comments with regards to the room, service and also the wedding and please be assured that all these comments have been passed on to each member of the team.
Your comment with regards to the children’s menu we also take on board and please be assured that this is something that I will ask the head chef to look into.
Once again thank you for your comments and both myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

My second week long stay at the hotel whilst on a course for work.

The room was large and very comfortable with everything you could need in a hotel room. I ate every evening in the hotel restaurant and was not disappointed except for one night where the hotel was extremely busy and the chicken pie I ordered was served to me cold! Apart from this the food was quite good but there is not a huge variety to choose from unfortunately and the menu had not changed since my last stay. May be time for an menu overhaul? The breakfast is very good though with a lot of choice on offer.

The staff were all very helpful and friendly. I agree with the comments about the exterior of this hotel being rather ugly but at least if you're inside it, you don't have to look at it! It's in a nice location by the river and very central to the centre of Bedford.

All in all, not a bad stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Dear LickyL
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the hotel.
Both the team and myself were pleased to read your valuable comments. Thank you for your overall comments with regards to the Restaurant and the food. I have passed on your comments to our head chef. At the same time we are, in the next few weeks about to change our current menu, which will include a number of new dishes. We will also be looking to start a number of new daily dishes.
Your comments with regards to the hotel exterior are of value, please be assured that this is something that we are working towards with the owners of the building.