“The heart of Bedford”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Bedford
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“The heart of Bedford”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have stayed here for the past 4 years and every year it goes down hill. Last year I put a report in and the reply was that they were going through a renovation period. Well this year all the problems that we encounter last year had been put right. This year was down to charging you for parking but not enough spaces so we had to park on the road. Dirty plates at breakfast mixed in with the clean plates. Having to wait for breakfast because they did not have enough staff on. Come on Park management up your game or loose your customers.

Room Tip: If it is a one night stay it is ok otherwise look for an alternative.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Paul S,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford.
Feedback from our entire guest’s is for me of the upmost importance to ensure we improve the service and standards within the hotel.
I do take on board all your comments and firstly apologise for the standards that you received. Has the new general manager one of my goals within the coming weeks is to improve the service and standards we offer to all our guests. At the same time I have taken on a new Operations Manager will ensure that the company and hotel standards are in place.
Simon Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Korean first
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Found the park inn to be an excellent venue for the business meeting we held there. The room was spacious and had all we needed to carry out our meeting. Really great atmosphere overall, good service friendly staff and very accommodating, The food that was put on for our meeting was excellent. Ideal center of town location by the riverfront. Would definitely use the Park Inn again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kevin J
Thank you for your comments with regards to your recent meeting at the Park Inn by Radisson Bedford.
We have within the last 3 months refurbished all our meeting rooms, and the feedback we have received from other guests attending meetings within the hotel is very positive. We are within the next 2 months about to launch new in room meeting standards, which will also include a new food and beverage offering.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Rooms were small, but clean. Great location in Bedford. Would have been nicer if I had been in the tower. Did not seem to care about my Carlton Preferred Membership. If i stay there again, I would insist on being in the tower portion.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank J F
Dear JF,
I was sorry to read that you feel that you were not recognised within the hotel as a valued Carlson Member and please be assured I will with the front office manager ensure that our recognition programme is reviewed.
Frome, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at the Park Inn on business quite a few times over the last few years and have seen a gradual improvement with the reception and dining areas being the latest to be refurbished. The staff are friendly, all areas are clean and the bedrooms are modern and the bed very comfortable . Unfortunately the whole experience is ruined by the 70s aluminium framed windows. They are badly corroded, badly fitting and missing most, if not all of the catches that would at least enable some of the gaps to minimised, cutting out at least some of the road noise. They must waste so much heat and make the hotel draughty.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Knockout,
Feedback is always welcome so that we are able to improve the service and standards that we offer at the hotel. We have over the past year refurbished a number of areas within the hotel which you have commented on. At the same time the feedback we have received with regards to the refurbishment is very encouraging.
I am please to inform you that the next main project will be the outside of the hotel which will include the windows.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Went to a wedding reception, didn't actually stay at the hotel.
The bar staff were absolutely terrible! Didn't seem to have a clue what they were doing. Had to wait about 10 mins for a drink and when we did get served the lady served 3/4 of a pint! And when I kindly asked her if she could fill it to the top, if looks could kill! The gentleman behind the bar, who I could only assume was the senior member of staff due to the way he was dressed, was all over the place! Didn't seem to know how to work the till, forgot drinks that people had ordered and paid for and at one point I witnessed him nearly serve a gin and tonic to someone purely wanting tonic water!!! How bad is that if that person was driving and he was serving them alcohol! The buffet food was stone cold and the bread seemed like it had been sat out for hours, was rock hard! Bar prices were expensive compared to the poor service and lack of organisation behind the bar.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear AnonB03,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to the Park Inn by Radisson Bedford.
Feedback is always welcome so that we are able to improve the service and standards that we offer at the hotel. I apologise that your experience at the hotel with regards to the function was not to your satisfaction.
I am please to say that we have now taken on a new operations manager who has a wealth of knowledge with regards to food and beverage and one of his key areas of focus will be to service that our food and beverage department improve with regards to service and standards.
Simon Smith

Travelers are raving about these Bedford hotels

Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

nothing to write home about. the hotel was going through a renovation when I was there and booked for the raddisson name but was slightly disappointed with the food and the fact that the TV system was down for the entire duration (3 weeks) that I was there.
breakfast was good but the dinner for their buffet and from menu were really bad for a hotel run by Radisson. was on business so got an internet enabled room which was great. price and location nice with a room facing the river. not too bad really just average though not the high standard (by that I mean the food) that I have had at some other Radisson hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear DilhanJ
Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit to the Park Inn Bedford last December. Feedback for all our guests is of the upmost importance so that we are able to improve the service and standards.
The hotel was indeed undergoing a renovation of the main ground floor area, meeting rooms, bar and restaurant. I am please to say that the hotel, has now completed all our ground floor renovations. We have received excellent feedback regarding renovations.
With regards to the food and beverage service this is a key focus area for the hotel, This is an area both myself and the Operations Manager are working on to improve the service and standards.
Once again thank you for your comments.
Northampton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I arrived, parked in the car park, overlooking the lovely river. Then it was downhill from there! Checked in got to my room and had to go back to get the key card re programmed as I couldn't get in.
At booking I had booked a room, for 1 person for 1 night and for 90 quid I was anticipating a double!
It was a single bed, arghhhhh!!
The tiny tiny room was about 7ft wide 10ft long but with a really nice shower room.
I've never been to prison.... But I can imagine that's what it's like!
I have paid less than that in nicer places than Bedford and got a much better room. Hence the bad feedback.
I would expect something above and beyond what I got for 90 pounds........ Feel very disappointed and out of pocket!
Breakfast was ok, not brilliant.....

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Bexxeb
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Park Inn Bedford. Feedback for all our guests is of the upmost importance so that we are able to improve the service and standards.
I have read all your comments in detail, I do apologise that your feel your stay was not to your satisfaction. With regards to the bedrooms within the hotel, we have a number of rooms, some of these are single rooms, however we do have bedrooms with a double bed that overlook the river.
Thank you for your comment regarding breakfast, this is a key guest area that we are working on within the next month and I am confident that we should see a great improvement within this area.
Once again thank you for your comments.