“Very disppointing”

Cuisines: Seafood, British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We ate at the Park on Saturday 2 Feb 2013 after not having been there for some time. It;s been refurbished and is now mainly a restaurant. The starter of olives and bread was very nice. I ordered sardine fillets and my partners order the steak and coriander burger. When the sardines arrived I was surprised to see that they were not fillets as stated on the menu but complete sardines. I called the waitress over and pointed out that the menu stated 'fillets' to which the waitess replied 'but they're alright aren't they...and walked away! I decided to tackle the fish and took the backbone out, but the whole dining experience was ruined as nearly every mouthful was full of bones. I only order fillets of fish as a rule as I dislike fish with bones in it. On completing the meal I spoke to another waitress and told her of my disappointment with the meal. She went off to speak with someone else and came back to state that it was a typing error on the menu - I pointed out that it was also printed on the blackboard.. Thre was no apology, no concern and they seemed disinterested in my complaint. Needless to say we did stay fior dessert or coffee and there was no tip. I would also like to point out that it is very rare for me to complain about dining experiences.

3  Thank PHB123
There are newer reviews for The Park Pub and Kitchen

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Four us had lunch here and the price and fare was good. On arrival there is no one to greet you and we had to wait until getting the eye of one of the staff. Thereafter our orders were taken promptly and drinks arrived before our food. The quantity and quality of our roast lunch was good but the waiting staff then seemed to disappear in that no orders for dessert were sought and we eventually had to go and ask to pay the bill!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

me and my family went here for Christmas and last year, it was brilliant, great food and service. All of the staff are friendly and the pub is good atmosphere to be in. I would recommend this again for family's and couples for a meal or a drink! Everyone makes you feel welcome, the food was really nice and Kieron, Robin and all the other staff including Grant the boss!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Thank you to all at The Park for making our Christmas Day one of the best we have ever had. Food and service (thanks Kayleigh) were exceptional, and dancing in the 'marquee' to Christmas tunes!! obviously not on Grant's iPod.....thanks all, keep up the good work! Jo

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My wife and I eat here a lot, we bring our friends and family and I also bring the odd work colleague , all comment on how good it is and say how lucky we are to live near such a great place to eat - we are. The staff are friendly, Kieron,Robin and the girls - Grant the Boss is a nice guy who always makes you feel welcome and importantly the Chef knows how to cook.... Thanks guys

1  Thank mark_church