“Known better”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Took our elderly neighbour here for his 93rd birthday as he likes the music they play and the food had been good the last time we took him there. Not quite the same experience this time. Asked to move as we had been put in dim lighting - (not easy for elderly people to read menu in poor lighting - or in fact younger people). Service was reasonable but food not up to previous standard. Drinks expensive. Wont be going back there in a hurry. Did mention it was neighbours birthday and it would have been nice if they had played happy birthday for him. 93 year olds are just as important as 9 year olds!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

had a really good meal here
There was a good choice and the food was fresh hot and tasty but the drinks were dear very dear
didnt feel rushed and it made a nice change we were staying at the Travelodge just down the road for some where different to go
Also tried the breakfast one day it was ok a bit slow but tasted ok

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Poor staff, took ages even though wasnt busy, served me worst beef burger I'd ever tried so I told waitress she didn't even apologise or take it away brought over bill which I didn't pay! Don't go here!

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

So, some of the reviews write this place as awful. Tonights visit wasnt anything like that.

We were originally to be seated near everyone else, the traditional seating trick but when asked if we could have a vacant booth the chap happily sat us there.

All in all it was Quick, fast service which was attentive and friendly. The food was hot and delivered around 10 minutes between courses so cant really grumble.

The mushroom on toast starter or stilton mushroom crustini as described on the menu was exceptionally salty (hopefully just salt) but was otherwise good.

The main courses were fine, no issues to report.

Well worth a visit if you're getting tired of other theme restaurants or flame grill houses.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

First of all it was very noisy, it always is in F+B. Ordered our food and there was quite a wait, but worse was the undercooked chips, overcooked chicken, excessively salty BBQ sauce, worlds smallest portion of Coleslaw and when it said it came with onion rings they meant it came with two onion rings.
I ordered a cider at over £3.50, imagine my surprise when the waitress brought me half a pint!!
Skipped desert and left.
This was not my first bad experience in FnB, the Stevenage branch has taken over an hour just to take my order!