“Cheap and opening hours are great.”
Review of La Mezzaluna

La Mezzaluna
Reserve with OpenTable
La Mezzaluna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 352 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Its handy for bus and train station. The pastas and pizzas are available at discounts during extended happy hours but there is little atmosphere and a bit lacking in ambience. Great for a quick shoppers lunch when just looking for a break.

There are newer reviews for La Mezzaluna

Reviewed March 13, 2013

had pizza for an early supper there while visiting carlisle. food was good and tasty. however since it was a friday there were lots of people and it was very noisy; you could barely hear yourself think. atmosphere was not really for a romantic dinner but it did the job for a quick meal.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I've eaten here many times since discovering it a few years ago both with friends and family. Italian restaurants are my favourite and I have to say that the pizzas here are the best I have had! The menu is varied and really good value where most dishes are only £5 at lunchtime through to early evening. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble. It is also child friendly and they do smaller portions for them. The place is bright and nicely decorated and I would not hesitate in recommending it.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Have been to this restaurant before but was a little disappointed this visit. Food tasteless and lacking flavour. The staff however were very friendly and helpful. Maybe it was the time of evening or the fact that there was a large party in. Would not take it off my list of places to eat because of one experience.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner visiting this restaurant last night. It was my first time but my partner has been here many times before, but not recently.
First impression of the restaurant was that it was much nicer inside than it may appear on the outside. It was simply decorated and furnished, small and cozy.
The staff were very attentive, and the girl that served us was a real delight. She was enthusiastic and helpful, despite having worked there for over 10 years.
The food itself was delicious, we shared the mussels to start and they were unlike any other we have had, in terms of taste. they were almost chinese like but very good. They provided us with extra bread at no extra cost, as they recognised we might need it if we were sharing.
My partner then had a seafood risotto, which had a generous helping of seafood. Similarly my sausage pasta offered plenty of meat too.
We will be back !!