“Staff are lovely!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Mezzaluna

La Mezzaluna
Reserve with OpenTable
La Mezzaluna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 338 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Staff are lovely!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner visiting this restaurant last night. It was my first time but my partner has been here many times before, but not recently.
First impression of the restaurant was that it was much nicer inside than it may appear on the outside. It was simply decorated and furnished, small and cozy.
The staff were very attentive, and the girl that served us was a real delight. She was enthusiastic and helpful, despite having worked there for over 10 years.
The food itself was delicious, we shared the mussels to start and they were unlike any other we have had, in terms of taste. they were almost chinese like but very good. They provided us with extra bread at no extra cost, as they recognised we might need it if we were sharing.
My partner then had a seafood risotto, which had a generous helping of seafood. Similarly my sausage pasta offered plenty of meat too.
We will be back !!

Cumbria
“Good food; great value!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit to La Mezzaluna but it won't be my last. I arrived at just gone 2pm and I was the only customer to start with; a couple arrived a few minutes later.

I was impressed with the choice on the £5 Happy Hour menu and went for the tagliatelle in cream sauce with mushrooms, broccoli, asparagus and peas. The cream sauce was slightly thin, but the flavour was good and the fresh tagliatelle (very wide ribbons - homemade?) was perfectly cooked. With a large (250 ml) glass of wine my meal came to £9.75 which I thought was very good value.

The manager was lovely; friendly and chatty, but efficient.

1 Thank ShockingpinkCumbria
Whitehaven, England, United Kingdom
“Can't fault it on price”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

For all the restaurant is a bit small, some reviewers have said you have to wait on busy days, and is stuck beside a down at heel looking chip shop, La Mezzaluna outshines its more prestigious Carlisle rivals like Adrianos on price and value. For £ 5 I couldn't fault the quality of the lasagne, which for all it was a little bit too hit, was beautiful with thick layers of cheese and excellent meat. Also a pint of Perroni, one of my favourite imported beers, at £ 3.15 couldn't be faulted( a similar meal and a pint at Adrianos last year cost £ 11.70).
I would recommend La Mezzaluna for its £ 5 daytime menu, as there can't be many places where you can buy a decent sized meal for this amount these days, the friendliness of the lady manageress and the quality of the lasagne. Only drawback is the size of the restaurant, with only 47 seats, and it is advisable to turn up before the lunchtime rush or early in the evening. However, if you time your arrival carefully, or book, I would recommend La Mezzaluna to anyone, particularly people arriving from the station looking for a decent, cheap meal, as even the night time menu is largely below £ 10 and between 12 and 7, the happy hour system operates.

• Visited January 2013
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Lovely staff and food”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Would recommend La Mezzaluna for the lovely food, good prices due to happy hour all day and the staff are friendly and always have a chat whilst dining there. A favourite place for my family and friends.

• Visited December 2012
“Very average”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Garlic bread not the best. Pizza cheese not even melted in the middle. Seemed to be some kind of crisis in the kitchen which lead to the top window on the door been opened everyone on the front tables had to put on their coats, staff didn't seem to even notice this or give any explanation.