“One of the best meals I've had in a while”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dempsey's

Dempsey's
Ranked #44 of 338 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“One of the best meals I've had in a while”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Once again we really enjoyed a fabulous meal here. My partner said the trout starter was wonderful. My risotto was cooked very well and was very tasty. As for the pork main.....it was so good I am going back again soon to have it again it was so melt in the mouth and full of flavour. Partner's swordfish steak was cooked to perfection. Couldn't resist their cheeseboard again and the sorbets were bursting with flavour. This is a talented chef. The regular menu changes maintain interest and are always so different to the usual fare that is on offer in other local places. Service was good. A great restaurant.

• Visited April 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Could do better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Could be a really nice place but dissappointed with the service from staff, asked for mustard for steak and took over 10 mins to arrive also asked for desert menu and she totally forgot about us. This was 2 different waitresses aswell. Also bottle of red wine was cool. Hope they can improve if go back as it is a nice place

Visited March 2014
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Delicious- definitely worth a visit!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

We went here last night and I'm so glad we did! We were taken by family who frequently visit this restaurant and they wanted us to sample it too. First off the service was great- welcoming and friendly. The prices are very reasonable also.
For starters I had the white onion and thyme soup which was surprisingly delicious as I'm not generally a fan of onion soup but this was smooth and flavoursome! For my main I recommend the curried cod- beautifully cooked and a generous fillet, more of those delicious little Bombay potatoes would gave been a plus ;) and finally- the biggest wow taste for me- was the pear sorbet for dessert (trio of sorbets) so refreshing, juicy real pieces of pear and when mixed with the fresh raspberries.....sensational.
I hear the menu frequently changes to keep with the seasons so I look forward to returning one day and sampling more delights.

“Consistently excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have been dining here for years and have not had a bad meal yet! The steak is excellent and the service very good.

• Visited February 2014
“Exceptionally creative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

We love the frequently changing menu served with efficient and friendly staff. The chefs are creative and deliver lovely food that combines ingredients skillfuly

Visited February 2014