“Fantastic again and again!!”

Casa Romana - Carlisle
Ranked #8 of 352 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Italian, British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In a Victorian town house with original features, Casa Romana is very convenient for the train & bus stations and has ample parking nearby. Bring your family or friends & join us for a homemade lunch from £4.95, Early evening 'twilight' menu of 1,2 or 3 courses for £6.95, £10.50 Or £12.95 Or amazing A La Carte menu anytime! Great Italian food, handmade here, by us.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have been coming too Casa for a while now, and every time my partner and I visit we are never disappointed. The food is delicious and the staff are fab - they cant do enough for you. Sue especially is a lovely lady. The penne pollo e pori is the best pasta dish I have ever tasted. Out of all the Italian restaurants we have been too Casa is defiantly my favourite and always a winner!! I would also recommend the white choc crème burlee! It is so rich and tasty!
Casa Romana is around 20 miles away from where we live and we happily drive there for a meal or takeaway pizza (when we cant be bothered too go out properly). The TOTO pizza is fab and it was no bother for the chefs too put sun dried tomatoes on mine instead of olives.
Please don't let bad reviews put you off, this place is a gem!
No doubt we will be back soon.
Thank you too Casa Romana!

RSHAN, Owner at Casa Romana - Carlisle, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you so much for your high praise, it's great that you find us consitently good enough to warrant the 40 mile round trip that you have!
It's praise like this from guests like you that puts a bounce in all our step, thank you.

There are newer reviews for Casa Romana - Carlisle

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our daughter was graduating on the Thursday, and as we had just arrived the day before we walked around looking for a place to eat, and this caught our eye. It is not very big inside and we were taken to a table at the back which was a bit too small for the four of us, so we asked if we could sit on a round table which was vacant. The service was good and the two lady's serving were good humoured. The garlic cheese we shared was really tasty. Our son had the Ultimate pizza with everything going and his plate was empty when he finished, a good sign!! Our daughter had the Kiev done in a soft dough like pastry and she said it was delicious. I had the garlic steak, which was cooked to perfection, loads of spinache on the side, to be honest a bit too much. The chips were good and chunky. My husband had the braised steak cooked slow for 4 hours, but he was a bit disappointed with it, said it was bland.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had the daunting task of booking a graduation celebration for 15 people I hadn't met in a city I hadn't been to! I tripadvised and googled away and eventually hit on Casa Romana; the reviews were good and I went for it. All I can say is they didn't let us down and I was declared a genius for finding such an excellent Italian restaurant. The service was attentive, even before the event; over the phone for the booking and the waiters were authentically Mediterranean. The food was mouth-wateringly herby delicious. The house wine was excellent value and went down very well as did the bill which did not make us cry. Thanks Casa Romana for making our pre-graduation night.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Booked a table for two for my boyfriend's birthday. On being shown to our table the very disinterested waitress asked what we wanted to drink. I asked to see the wine menu, and was told I had it already. Double checking the menu in my hand, in which there was no wine section, I informed the waitress such and she huffed and she puffed and stormed off to return 5 minutes later with a wine menu which she slapped down on the table and then stood over us waiting for us to choose. Unfortunately it took a further 10 minutes for this bottle of wine to be delivered, which was just plonked down on the table without being opened... difficult for us to do so ourselves as it was wasn't a screw top bottle... We did manage to attract the attention of the manager who opened the bottle for us.
Our next encounter with the stroppy waitress was when my boyfriend had finished his main, yet I was clearly still eating (with over half a pizza still to go!) and she came over and just started clearing up our table, taking away his empty plate without a work of explanation. We had to stop her from taking away my knife and fork that I was clearly still using.
To top it off, with our deserts we ordered a couple of digestifs. Deserts came and went, but no digestif. We caught the waitress again (as she was surreptitiously avoiding us) and asked for our drinks. She brought them straight over, but on recieving our bill she had put them on the bill twice, and it took a word with the manager to get them removed.
Overall the food was actually really delicious, and if there was a way to have the food without the service, we would be all over it, but we don't want to risk meeting that surly waitress ever again!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

First, I was here with a large group, which no doubt affected both the quality of the food and the service. Smaller groups arriving after us were done with their dinner before we got ours. It was an hour after placing our order that they asked which salmon dish some of us had ordered; as in they hadn't even started cooking yet. Most of the group enjoyed their meals, but none said it was worth the wait. Some had overcooked fish.